E6K Haltech Connection problem PLEASE HELP :(

E6K Haltech Connection problem PLEASE HELP :(

Postby SleeperVLT » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi just hooked E6k up to my VL Turbo (rb30et). I used a plugnplay Patch loom from the E6X to do this.

When i resieved the patch loom it said it had been modified to work with my E6K.

Now i have bought a laptop and im having trouble connecting to my E6k

the laptop doesnt have a 9 pin Serial port but it has a 25 pin port (witch i thought was for a printer)

So i got a 25 pin to 9 pin lead and it pluged up fine but when i try to go online with the software it either says "reconnect haltech" if its set to com port 1, or doesnt do anything with it set to com 2.

I know the ecu has power cos the fuel pumps priming

Also tried booting up in DOS and running the software that way so no other programs can interfer with the ports but still the same

thinking it was the port i went out and bought a USB to 9pin Serial port Adaptor but still the same with the haltech pluged into that

Y cant i Connect to the haltech Anyone got any idears cos i got no more idears

E mails: [email protected]

Any help would be grate

Luke
SleeperVLT

Re: E6K Haltech Connection problem PLEASE HELP :(

Postby SleeperVLT » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:22 pm

I am running windows 98 by the way and using a belkin usb to serial adaptor
SleeperVLT

Re: E6K Haltech Connection problem PLEASE HELP :(

Postby THR RX7 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:48 pm

Ok, you're running windows 98, but are using a USB adapter, do you have the correct drivers for your adapter to work on Win98?

Also, are you 100% sure that the patch loom was configured for E6K if it was originally for X?

Finally, i would suggest to try and find a laptop with a serial port to see if you can go online with it.

Maybe a cheap one on ebay?
Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763
THR RX7

Help

Postby SleeperVLT » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:31 pm

w i have the write drivers for the usb adator

and im sure the patch loom was modifide for the e6k

also i heard that u need to run Virtual PC but thought that was just with Windows XP

Also i get a link light on my usb to serial adaptor but no RX or TX lights ?

Anyhelp would be graet im on msn [email protected]

thanks

luke
SleeperVLT

Re: Help

Postby THR RX7 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:27 am

Just for the heck of it, open up the serial connector on the harness and make sure there are no loose or unsodered wires in there, sometimes it happens.

Other than that, check your comm port settings, normally i have seen the belking adapter work sometimes and not others.

I would try to track down a laptop with a serial port and try that.

Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763
THR RX7

help

Postby SleeperVLT » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:13 pm

ahh i hope i dont have to buy another laptop. ive just bought this one D">

I Told the dude at the computer shop what i was useing the usb to serial adaptor for and that i would be using dos software and win98 and he said that it would work?? does anyone know of a good brand adaptor that are sure to work??

When i install the adaptor it says its installing as Com2 and in the properties in systems its on com2

set the haltech to com2 and switch modes to online
and it just hangs on this blue and white screan and haltech logs and stuff. at the bottom in the white part it has 0 at one end and 100% in the other and just hangs there.

how long does it usally take to get to 100%?

anyway yeh ill pull the plug apart on the patch lead and cheak it out

Be great if that all it was, ill to it know and post up soon

Luke
SleeperVLT

hmm

Postby enslaved87 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:17 pm

i've ran into this problem before. For me, i had to go into the control panel and then device manager. Then change the port to a different port, like com4. and likewise in the haltech.

In my case it was apparently a resource conflict that did not make its self evident. give it a shot, it may just work.
enslaved87

help

Postby SleeperVLT » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:02 pm

OK just pulled plug on loom apart.

There are tree wires connected to the plug. yellow, blue, red??? is that all there sould be?

there's a green wirer thats siting out from the cable pastic shelding i can see also enought one thats under the sheilds but cant make out what colour it is.

I have a Windows Pro XP disk here and was gunna install that on my laptop and trying that

just donno what else to do other then maybe set my desktop (with 9 pin serial) up in my workshop and plug it into that

Cant ever be simple can it lol

luke
SleeperVLT

e6k

Postby pajeroturbo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:26 am

E6k will never work on windows xp and a USB adaptor.
pajeroturbo

help

Postby SleeperVLT » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:48 pm

ok well ill i wont install XP lol

Also how do u change what com ports other then 1 and 2 in haltech software?

Tryed useing my mates new laptop on xp with my adaptor i thought it was looking promising cos i could start the software and it was reconising com port one open but went to connect and nother just said reconnect haltech lol

i also have tried to set the adaptor on diferent ports on my laptop but couldnt change it in the haltech software other then 1 and 2.

Gunna have a nother little play do get much time after work and im always so tied lol

cheers all

luke
SleeperVLT

help

Postby SleeperVLT » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Also just went into cotrol panel, systems, then my adaptor propertise

theres no way of changeing the port its running on...

just says its on com2
SleeperVLT

help

Postby SleeperVLT » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:05 pm

still arnt working after everything i have done with this laptop i bought..

anyone got a really really old laptop even if it runs just dos. must have a serial port and working..

really need to get my car going

thanks all

luke

Ph number 0421179764
SleeperVLT

usb

Postby matt510 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:45 am

USB to serial adaptors dont work in DOS mode period

Sorry to be the one to bear bad news but u need a laptop that has a direct serial port to communicate with any of the DOS based programs.

Ive yet to come across any computer guru or otherwise (and believe me ive looked) who can resolve this.
matt510

help

Postby SleeperVLT » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:28 pm

ok well i best cut my losses

this laptops in grate condition so i guess ill give it to my gf or something

Does anyone have a really old laptop with a serial port i really need to get my hands on one so i can get my car going

anything aslong as it works ??

cheers

luke
SleeperVLT

Return to Technical Support (from EZboard)