E6X:Setting for MIVEC

jibong

E6X:Setting for MIVEC

Postby jibong » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 am

Hi, I'm using Haltech E6X for my 1st Gen 4G92 MIVEC. I would like to change mivec activation point. where can I find the mivec setting in Halwin? btw i'm using Halwin v1.26. Cheers

Bartman

mivec

Postby Bartman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:52 am

The MIVEC activation will probably be controlled by one of the PWM channels. Check the outputs page and see what you find. Remember tho, if you change the activation point you will may need to remap fuel as well. Unless your using the dual map feature and have both the high and low lift cams fully mapped.

For everything mivec.. http://www.mivec.co.nz
Feel free to PM me there. I run a haltech E6X in my 1G Mivec too so if you need some help let me know.

Bart.

<i>Edited by: Bartman at: 4/13/07 1:09 pm
</i>

jibong

Re: mivec

Postby jibong » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:55 pm

hi bartman...so the setting is in the PWM but which one do you use, Dual Intake Valve or VTECH? from the manuals seems like we can use both of them. i'm confused. thanks for the quick reply

matt510

any PWM

Postby matt510 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:15 am

you can use any of the PWM wires. Set that output as either a VTEC or a Dual Intake Valve. Either one will work fine so which ever you feel more comfortable with!

THR RX7

Re: any PWM

Postby THR RX7 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:50 am

If i would like to use the NOS switch, using a PWM to run it as that, its necessary to use the Aux. In wire to enable that particular output option? or would it work directly? Cause if it needs the Aux. In in the end to be enabled, there should be another activation option in the PWMs that is like NOS with all its setpoints but doesnt require the Aux. In as final activation. Guess thats another one for the "nice to have list"
Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
info@tuningtechnology.com
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

Bartman

mivec

Postby Bartman » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:29 am

The MIVEC solenoid required just a basic on/off control so you can use any of the PWM outputs and which ever output option mode/control best suits your needs. You can even use the 'shift light' setting if you don't want/need the more advanced options offered by vtech or dual valve but if you don't use vtech you can't switch between maps automatically.

Not sure what your asking/suggesting Claudio

THR RX7

Re: mivec

Postby THR RX7 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:20 pm

Well to put it simply the NOS option has a good number or options that maximize the use of the variable entry point. Honda uses it on their i-Vtec, it not only comes on by RPM (which on its own would come on even free revving) and accounts for load, throttle position and this way you can maximize the way the car is tuned with and without the variable timing activated and either maximize economy or maximize power.

This is what i am suggesting.
Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
info@tuningtechnology.com
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

Bartman

mivec

Postby Bartman » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Oh ic
The mivec system is a lot simpler than that. Its just like having two completely different camshafts in the car and there really is no time you would want the high lift/duration one selected by anything other than just plain old RPM unless you where really trying to deliberately hold off.

The best way to chose the optimum switch point is to map both cams fully using the haltechs handy dual map feature, then look at the power curves for each and switch where they cross over. On the stock cams thats about ~5200rpm but it can be as high as 6800 with aftermarket cams.
The early mivec system is about performance, economy really doesn't come into the equation
You probably could get some economy gain using more complicated switching and at least with the Haltech it would be properly mapped regardless of switch point or switch condition, but why bother...

jibong

mivec

Postby jibong » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:52 pm

thanks guys for ur replies...cheers

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”