what do you mean when

what do you mean when

Postby moauz » Wed May 02, 2007 11:43 pm

please guys i am so biggner in maping and still collecting info about but i have this question:
what do men with ZERO TIMING????
i did nt under stand this ??i know its silly question but please accept it .

Re: what do you mean when

Postby THR RX7 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:11 am

Please, not to sound unhelpful, but search, there's plenty of posts on how to "zero your timing", also search for "zero'd timing", or "zeroing".

Also read this: http://www.hitman.hm/installation.htm

Scroll down to the Zeroing the timing explanation.
Claudio RX-7
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

base timing

Postby matt510 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:56 am

Zeroing the timing is also known as setting the base timing.
Setting the base timing needs to be done with the ignition setup page open. Base timing is the process of synchronising the ECU’s operations with the engines. This needs to be done so that the ECU knows what the engine is doing at any point in time. This is required for accurate fuel delivery and spark timing.
First go to the fuel setup page and disable the fuel injectors (at this stage it is not desired that the engine attempts to start), to reduce stress on started motor it is also advisable to remove the spark plugs to help the engine crank more freely when setting base timing.
Set lock timing to ON and lock timing angle to 10 degrees. Crank engine, using a timing light connected to ignition lead for number 1 cylinder adjust the tooth offset and trigger angle until timing reads 10 degrees as viewed with a timing light on crank pulley. Tooth offset gives large changes to timing, trigger angle is used to fine tune timing to exactly 10 degrees (any angle can be set as the lock timing angle in this example 10 degrees was used. It is however possible to set the lock timing to zero degrees (or any other positive number) and adjust tooth offset and trigger angle until the crank pulley shows this value when viewed with a timing light).

Postby moauz » Thu May 03, 2007 11:48 pm

mr rx-7 you are always helpful but really i am still learning ....mr matt thank you very much but excuse me please if i ask ..can i use any timing light ???from where on the net i can buy timing light ???please there is no one to help me in my country so please help

ohh dear

Postby matt510 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:50 am

OK so if you dont already own a timing light and dont know where to get one or what one is - your very brave attempting to do what your about to do by installing and tuning in aftermarket engine management system. My sugestion - have someone who actually knows what they are doing come tune your car for you !

Now i have said that - any cheap inductive timing light from any auto parts store will do the trick.

ok ok ok

Postby moauz » Sun May 06, 2007 4:03 am

dear mr matt
if you know what is the SITUATION in my country you will excuse me
maybe i am the first one here who tune a non-turbo engine to a turbo engine !!! yes in my place all people like STNDARD EVO or STI !!!
my problem is i dont have agood equipment also i am doing this as hobby on my car i install the turbo replace the injector but still working on same ecu now i my car golf 4 2.0 boost 0.7 200 hp about (because we dont have dyno) and its my first time hear about timing light

i get it

Postby matt510 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:55 am

im just saying that if you dont know what a timing light is everything is then you have a long steep learning curve ahead.

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”