1jz - spark breaking up around 2600-3000rpm

enslaved87

1jz - spark breaking up around 2600-3000rpm

Postby enslaved87 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:30 am

Hey guys. I have the car(supra-1jz with a e6x) running really well...holds a great idle, revs responsive and smooth. But when I get near 2600rpm the ignition starts breaking up like crazy. The rev limit is set to 6800 so that should not interfere. I checked the base timming and its spot on....im using the front cam sensor....rpm signal is clean, and the logged rpm is smooth...it just will not go beyond 3krpm. If you have any ideas....im a little frustrated with this thing atm. Its my personal project car and when I DO have time to work on it, theres always something that goes wrong.

anyways, thanks in advance!

enslaved87

=(

Postby enslaved87 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:40 pm

no ideas?

Bartman

more info

Postby Bartman » Thu May 10, 2007 6:56 am

Whats your sparkplug gap set to? Try reducing it to 0.6

I assume your air fuel ratios etc are correctly mapped and your not being overly aggressive your your timing? It may just be running lean at that point (which could show on a wideband as being rich if its not burning properly). You might find syour engine need extra fuel at 2000rpm (maybe even more fuel than at 3000) especially if you have cams that are preventing fuel mixing filling at low speeds. <i>Edited by: Bartman at: 5/10/07 7:00 am
</i>

enslaved87

hmm

Postby enslaved87 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:43 pm

I'll give that a shot. The other thing that bothers me, is the 3 channel dumb haltech ignitor gets pretty warm when the engine is just idleing. I had one on my old 7mgte and it stayed ice cold. Im not quite sure why it would get warm? It worries me, because I've had these stupid ignitors pop on me before.

crispeed

1jz ignition problems.

Postby crispeed » Thu May 10, 2007 11:58 pm

Is this problem something that just started or was the car running fine before?
Can you state how everything is setup on the ignition page of the Haltech?
Have you varified the ignition timing at the same rpm you're having the issue with?

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”