e6x communication problems

iht

e6x communication problems

Postby iht » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:41 am

hello.

last summer I`v finally finiched wireing my E6x, and all summer I was driving.

Now as the snow here i Norway finally melts it`s time to cruise again. I started the engine without my laptop and went for a ride, when I got back I`v wanted to make som changes. But I coud not get online...!!??

absoluttly now problem befor but now....

I use a serial adapter and without any problems, but now I need to enter serial no...

I have the lates software 1,26 installed, and I have installed the software for my adapter.

since last year when I had no problems entering the ECU I have deleted and restarted my laptop but I have also intalled all the programs...

I really don`t now what more to do.

please help...

THR RX7

Re: e6x communication problems

Postby THR RX7 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:13 am

Read this thread.... p210.ezboard.com/fhaltech...1575.topic

And make sure you update Windows XP to all latest updates. I had a similar problem, did a reinstall of XP and i could only comunicate with a haltech one time, after that it wouldnt communicate again, i installed all the most recent updates for XP and its working fine now. Give it a try.

Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
info@tuningtechnology.com
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

iht

Postby iht » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:43 am

now I have installed the lastest XP utdate, downloaded halwin 1,26 again and checked the serial connector for loose wires. the problem is when the EEPROM LOAD STAUS reach 99%, it just stop there and enter serial no password appears.

I NEED HELP

THR RX7

Postby THR RX7 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:54 am

If you are getting this message and there is no password enabled this probably means you to change your serial adapter, some adapters are known to cause this problem. I personally use a Keyspan and a Prolific, I also know that the PCMCI ones work great too.

Also, check your voltage supply to the Haltech, how many volts is your batter putting out?
Claudio RX-7
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

iht

Postby iht » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:17 am

thanks for replying sow quickly.

sow you mean that the serial adapter could been broken?
even though I get haltech connected if I click the passworld box away? yes I can get online if I click the passworld box away but I can`t enter setup or maps folder, and if I "load from file" the values in engine pages goes to max and the engine wont start.

THR RX7

Postby THR RX7 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:18 am

When you dont enter the correct password the software goes into "viewing" mode, you can only see the engine data page. This doesnt mean its correct. But yes, its possible that the adapter is causing the problem, not that its broken, its just not 100% compatible.

I use either a simple prolific adapter or the keyspan, and they never let me down.
Claudio RX-7
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

iht

Postby iht » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:10 am

okey...

but why cant I start the engine? is it possible that the ecu has gone into default? and when I establish connection and load map it should start? the engine started intil I tried to connect with my lap top. I think this is strange...

sorry to doubt your suggestion for not 100% compatible adapter, but it`s allmost brand new...but I`m open to everything.

matt510

usb / serial

Postby matt510 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:12 am

The problem your experiencing maybe due to incorrect setup of the USB / serial adaptor. The hardware itself may be OK but there is something in the settings that is causing you a problem. If you go to the windows control panel - system - harware - device manager - ports com and lpt. You will get to a menu that you can adjust the com port setup. Make sure that the USB / serial adaptor is setup as the same com port that the Halwinx software is trying to communicate on - this is the most common problem i see with USB / serial adaptors.

iht

Re: usb / serial

Postby iht » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:09 am

thanks for the reply.

when I go into device manager I do NOT have any ports com or lpt..... why?

check this link for image:

s4.photobucket.com/albums...nt=COM.jpg

matt510

dunno

Postby matt510 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:13 am

No idea why you dont have a ports com and lpt tab there....maybe email microsoft? This is possibly the source of your problem though !

iht

Re: dunno

Postby iht » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:47 am

okey sow that do you suggest I do? buy a PCMCI? will this help? anyone else have any idea?

THR RX7

Re: dunno

Postby THR RX7 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 am

A PCMCI adapter might do the trick, im sure it will work fine.
Claudio RX-7
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

matt510

baa i dunno

Postby matt510 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:11 am

Im out of ideas here...if only i were more of a computer geek id have more suggestions - sorry !

iht

:(

Postby iht » Sat May 05, 2007 5:59 am

I have now bought this one:

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.asp?sku=334530

but still.... I need to enter a password then the % reach 99%

sow I don`t think it`s nothing wrong with the comunication.

THR RX7

Re: :(

Postby THR RX7 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:48 pm

Im going to give you another thing to try. Using your new PCMCI adapter, try the following:

Using v1.25 software, download it here, then, try going online with the ECU again.

Is your ECU new, does it have a base map for your engine now, or is this the first time you've tried to connect to it?

Let me know what happens.
Claudio RX-7
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”