please to every one intall haltech ecu on a car with (EPC)

moauz

please to every one intall haltech ecu on a car with (EPC)

Postby moauz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:06 pm

hi guys
please i need your advice on this issue :my 2.0 golf work with electronic pedal(electronic throtel EPC) instead of the cable one and when i decide to install E8 on my car as apiggy back i face this problem so i try to connect the TPS signal wire to the EPC signal wire so the E8 can read the sIgnal only without control the throtel .
i did that and then i CALIBRATE it and it work .
then when connect the injection and ignition to the E8 and start the car the old ECU start to control the throtel and the E8 read only the signal and give rate from the map BUT some times and i dont know why the throtel start to get crazy so when you rise the rpm it open but never close untill turn off the car i retrun the car to the old ecu and its working very well but when let the e8 controll the injection and the ignition it back to go crazy so I NOTICED THAT SOME OF YOU INSTALL THE HALTECH ON AUDI AND GOLF AND THEY WORK WITH THE SAME EPC THROTEL HOW DID YOU SOLVE THIS PROBLEM I CAN'T CHANG TO CABLE THE OLD ECU WELL LOCK SO PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HEEELP .
NOTE: when let the e8 controll the engine the old ecu injectors wires stay free without connecting it to any place is this can caused a problem ??

Brucefromgermany

Re: please to every one intall haltech ecu on a car with (EP

Postby Brucefromgermany » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Hello
Can you give more informations about the Car?
Which Engine-Code? three letters?

moauz

hi

Postby moauz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:19 am

my engine code is :
BGU
golf 5 tune to turbo car with custom turbo and headrs
the injectors are Bosch 310cc 14.6 ohm
trigger is motronic 60-2 with cam home
regard

Brucefromgermany

Re: hi

Postby Brucefromgermany » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Hello
This car has a Simos7.1 stock-ECU.
Engine load is taken from MAP and engine-speed.
So if you boost the engine the map-sensor will show an error.
So i think you have to remap the stock-ECU or remove stock-ECU.
Remove is not easy because of missing CAN-Signals to the car and so on.

moauz

thank

Postby moauz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:04 pm

thanks for reply
ok if the injectors and ignition are controlled by the haltech can this errore effect ??
because i do nt know really what happen the car never stay in the same sitution for two days
some time it work greatlly and some times like these days the car start but no way to rise the rpm the injectors stop and the wide band show value around 25
i check the trigger and every things but nothing happen .
also if i try to connect the car map sensor only to electricty not to the vacuume well it fix the problem??

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”