Trigger Data Log (missfire diagnosis)

GVR41700

Trigger Data Log (missfire diagnosis)

Postby GVR41700 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:12 am

I've been trying to figure out what is causing this missfire I have. (2.3 Turbo Ford T-bird) The missfire happens under load only and always at the exact same point. At around 3800 rpm with full throttle and about 13 to 14 psi of boost the engine misses really bad. I did all the basics like new wires, plugs,cap and rotor but its still there. This is a new problem for this engine since the new e6x was installed. I can get the car to rev higher than 3800 with out a problem when not underload and if I ease up the rpm's I can get it to redline but as soon as I give it full throotle and the boost gets up to around 13 psi give or take 1psi it missfires dramaticaly. It feels like its loosing 2 out of the 4 cylinders. I wanted to data log the trigger signal but I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like. When I data logged the RPM, you can see it go upto 3800 very rapidly and when the missfire happens it just levels off and climbs slightly if I keep the car at full throtle. When I data logged the trigger in and the home signal then both go up and down the whole time. What should I see from them. I suspect the problem could be related to the trigger since I have had so many problems getting it set up correctly.

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”