honda V6 woes

buttle

honda V6 woes

Postby buttle » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:13 am

hi i have a j32 honda that is having ign.trouble the thing will start and run but then stalls out i had to change the coils to 03 civic because the dang things would blow up but i dont know the e6x will work on the honda triggers please help

THR RX7

Re: honda V6 woes

Postby THR RX7 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 pm

Ok, there's a post around here for another honda where somethings are mentioned. First i can tell you that B and D series ignitors and coils are very bad and they tend to go without notice.

Also, trigger edges for the honda reluctors is Rising, unlike most out there that are falling. And finally it appears that honda igniters are Rising edge too, not falling like everybody else's. But the only REAL actual way of telling what exactly they are is by scoping them to be 100% sure. So i suggest you try that so you dont fry anything due to the wrong settings being used.

Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
info@tuningtechnology.com
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

buttle

Re: honda V6 woes

Postby buttle » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:05 pm

thanks for answering back, i dont have a scope but i have figured out that both are rising. my poblem is that it will run but i dont think the ecm likes the signal it sees from each. it runs steady rpm then hits 4000-to8500 at idle its weird but it screws with the timing and fuel maps big time i have a copy of the program if u would like to see it thanks again for answering

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”