Road Speed Wastegate Map?

Maxx Mazda

Road Speed Wastegate Map?

Postby Maxx Mazda » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:31 am

Is it possible to set my wastegate map up on my E6X linked to road speed? For example, below 40KM/h (top of first) limit to 12 psi, then between 41-80KM/h limit to 16, then once in third gear (80KPH) allow full boost of 24psi?

I'm having a hell of a time keeping traction both on the street and at the track with any more than 15psi. At the moment I use my trim knob for bosot control, but it sucks having to shift, then adjust knob, then shift again, then crank the knob up. But without it, it's like I'm driving on ice lol.

So, is this possible? I want to hook up a road speed input from my ABS wheel speed sensor on my '02 Protege 5 (Sport 20 down under) but will my ABS freak out if I mooch off it's signal?

THR RX7

Re: Road Speed Wastegate Map?

Postby THR RX7 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:04 pm

You need an E8 with which you can do boost control by gear. Just feed it your gear ratios and final drive, connect the road speed and the appropriate boost controller to the Haltech, set it and boom!

Time to upgrade.

Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

Maxx Mazda

Damn!

Postby Maxx Mazda » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:14 am

So there's not even a way to do it (or anythign similar) on the E6X? Damn!

Say, will my E6X harness work with an E8?

THR RX7

Re: Damn!

Postby THR RX7 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:19 am

Nope, totally different connectors.

What you can do is have the trim knob in there and control boost with the X, but this would mean you'd have to manually lower and raise boost to suit.

Hmmm... that just gave me an idea, what about putting resistors on a button, and connecting that to the trim input, and having 2 difference fixed resistance options, one would be the value of the trim at say what ever resistance is for 0 trim, and the other would be max trim, then when the button is either pressed or depressed you would have low and high boost?

Hmm.... Interesting... anybody wanna help with the electronics of this idea??
Claudio RX-7
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

THR RX7

Re: Damn!

Postby THR RX7 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:12 am

Here's what ive been thinking of doing.

What do you guys think?? With a normally opened button. Now the trim knob is a 10K pot, and if memory serves max resistance is somewhere around 8.65 Kohms?? So, all i have to do is get a resistor for what ever boost level i wanna run max? When the button is not pressed the signal is opened, and since its floating it sticks at 0% trim, then, when you press it it shoots instantly to the desired resistance telling the Haltech to put that much trim.

I need a little help from the electronics engineers to figure this out. But im sure its possible.
Claudio RX-7
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

BRN12345

Postby BRN12345 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:44 am

I have done this setup before, but like mentioned i am not good with electronics. All I remember was that we had 2 rocker switchs on the left hand side of the steering wheel (left hand car so the left hand is free to fiddle with the buttons). Launch the car, then hit the button in second (also activates the 2nd stage nos), then hit the second button in third to get full boost and disconnect the nos.

We did exactly what THR Rx7 said.. we had a 10K pot and we measured the resistence at the desired boost levels and then replicated the pot with switchs and resistors. It much easier when you get your hands on it and you start doing it. Just grab a bunch of reisistors and a few switchs and experiment. GOOD LUCK!!

THR RX7

Postby THR RX7 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence BRN!!

Claudio RX-7
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”