Haltech E6X on 02 lexus IS300 - Stock Ignitor

rockinrobbieredstar

Haltech E6X on 02 lexus IS300 - Stock Ignitor

Postby rockinrobbieredstar » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:21 am

Installer is having trouble wiring the haltech E6X to the stock ignitor on my 02 Lexus IS300. I bought the complete IS300 kit from SRT so everything's there. Can Anyone enligten me?

THR RX7

Re: Haltech E6X on 02 lexus IS300 - Stock Ignitor

Postby THR RX7 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:31 pm

First i would ask, doesnt SRT provide support for its applications?

Anyway, from what i have here in my OEM wiring documentation for the IS, the igniter gets 3 signals from the ECU, IG1, IG2 and IG3, and the igniter sends a feedback signal to the ECU IGt, which you wont touch. And from what i know about toyota igniters, the setup is falling edge, constant charge, 3mS for charge time, set to wasted spark and just connect the Ign outputs to the corresponding IGx channel. Im not sure though how the igniter is connected to the engine, meaning, obviously IG1 will be for cyls 1 and 6, but is IG2 for 2 and 5, and IG3 for 3 and 4 or viseversa? Im pretty sure it will be IG2 for cyls 2-5 and IG3 for 3-4.

Anybody know what to do here?

Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
info@tuningtechnology.com
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

rockinrobbieredstar

Postby rockinrobbieredstar » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:46 am

The three ignition wires here in Yellow?

http://www.erols.com/mervine/IS300/ignitor3.jpg

crispeed

Is-300 Ifgnition pinouts

Postby crispeed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:22 pm

I normally connect these wires at the ECU in the engine compartment instead at the actual igniter plug.
The wiring colors are basically the same through the years but the actual ECU location might differ from year to year. Also the same wires at the ECU plugs may differ in color at the igniter plug.

IGN1.......GREY/BLACK
IGN2.......BLACK/RED
IGN3.......BLACK/YELLOW

ECU plug location.
IGN1.......C13
IGN2.......E27
IGN3.......E26

crispeed

some more info

Postby crispeed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:29 pm

By the way the above is for the actual Haltech Ignition Output hook up point. The three yellow mark positions you indicated in your pic are the actual outputs from the Igniter to the coils. You should not have to connect anything there unless you're installing some kind of ignition amplifier between the Igniter and Coils.

nigel

Postby nigel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:08 am

you have the orders right

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”