thermo switching

T-Bird24

thermo switching

Postby T-Bird24 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 pm

G'day
quick question? is there a way to switch the thermo fans on after the engine has been started. at the moment i am switching my thermo fans on and off with the PWM 1 and 2 setting, At my desired coolant temp. my problem is once i turn the ignition on with the engine at operating temp. my thermo fans switch on as well. the thermo fans draw too much battery voltage from the battery, so when cranking the engine its hard to start. because of the battery voltage been so low when cranking. ?? would the pull-up volts help with this problem ????

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: thermo switching

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Not on an E11. You could use a second output and a relay controlled over RPM to control the switching of the main relay. Complicated, but it will solve it.

SONofSUN

Postby SONofSUN » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Not on an E11. You could use a second output and a relay controlled over RPM to control the switching of the main relay. Complicated, but it will solve it.

Is this feature added in Elite series? We wanted fans to operate only after engine has started running. So they don't draw currents during cranking. We have asked Haltetch for this.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:34 am

Yes. There is a tick box to Disable when Engine Stopped.

T-Bird24

Postby T-Bird24 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Not on an E11. You could use a second output and a relay controlled over RPM to control the switching of the main relay. Complicated, but it will solve it.

would lifting my injector dead-time at lower battery voltage help with this problem.?

Return to “E11v2/E8”