Default Fuel Map injector size

BlackBirdSR71

Default Fuel Map injector size

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Having to build a Fuel Map for Nissan L28 from scratch. Since the E11 Fuel Maps are Pulse Width based ( instead of VE ) what was the sizing of the injectors used in the Default fuel .map or 6 cyl Sequential fuel .map? I've heard rumors that it is 500cc... but would be nice to know before hand. Then I can easily adjust the percentage down to the stock 188cc size. I prefer to adjust the RPM cells as a group, rather than adjust the scaling. I believe that Scott recommends the former method.

I'd like to get things as close as possible before the initial startup. I do have a Bench Tester setup with all sensors and the Dizzy. Noid lights for injectors. Only thing not tested will be Coils ( difficult to setup Plug grounds on Dining Room table )... and don't want to Zap the cats who are always poking their noses in things. LOL

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Default Fuel Map injector size

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:38 am

It was not modelled off anything, it was just a random table that has some values in it to show what the shape of the table should be. Injector size would not influence the table because we also don't have anywhere listed what the cylinder volume is. You will just need to start the engine and start tuning from there.

This is why the move was done to VE. So that it is simpler to fire up and engine from scratch when you know some simple data about the hardware you are working with.

BlackBirdSR71

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:43 am

Ok,, Thanks for the clarification. I just found a program that will calculate Injector Pulse Width based on Injector size and other Parameters. Basically it's a standalone VE calculator. I can make a Map with that and then manually modify the E11 Fuel Map so I'm in the ball park for startup. Have a Trim module as well, so that will help. I like to get things as close as possible before going on the Dyno.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Just don't spend too long doing this. Being off by a little or a lot does not really change the amount of time spent on the dyno getting it right.

Return to “E11v2/E8”