Aem 3.5 bar calibration

Z32 TT

Aem 3.5 bar calibration

Postby Z32 TT » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 pm

I have an e11v2 and also a aem 3.5 bar map sensor it's a linear gauge type. It has the calibration figures but not 8 as the Halwin software requires.

I have been reading that the Halwin software suffers with calibration of other sensors and that you pretty much should use the GM haltech gear?

So does anyone have the calibration for the aem 3.5 bar that works with halwin or should I just give up and get the haltech stuff?

vlad_rally

Re: Aem 3.5 bar calibration

Postby vlad_rally » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 am

I have the same 3.5 bar sensor as you, and indeed, it reads wrong, for example it reads 33kpa instead of 50kpa, what the zeitronix boost sensor reads.
Here's the callibration, yours is the las one in this pic, the 30 2013 50. you need to convert psi to kpa, use le' google :wink:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 01_Fotor.jpg

Z32 TT

Postby Z32 TT » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:18 pm

thanks very much for your reply. I will try and use 8 of the ones you posted. hopefully I get it close to my gauge.

Z32 TT

Postby Z32 TT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:22 pm

So I enter the values but because I have to use the selection "4 bar map sensor" calibration. When I press apply (after I've entered the values I want) I get the message haltech will expand to make it fill the full range. It then makes changes the last setting to 43 psi. So frustrating. I can post a video.

Feel like it was designed to use haltech map sensors and that's it. The calibration menu changes your "calibration". Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or its just how it is and I should buy all sensors from haltech as it can deal with custom calibration.

Z32 TT

Postby Z32 TT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:46 pm

Found this in another thread. Don't think my problem can be solved. Around about accuracy of sensors will work but so oh well.

To follow up on this thread, i built calibration curves for both sensors.

Then i found this from another thread...

"We have recognized this as a problem with the Halwin software when using custom sensor calibrations (or any sensor calibration besides the GM ones).
I recommend choosing the GM sensor calibrations with your setup. This way the corrections in the map will line up with the actual correction being made.
Unfortunately as the Halwin software has been superseded for more than 6 months this is not a bug that will be fixed on the platform."

Haltech suggests using the default calibrations since custom calibrations cause issues. I have measured the accuracy of the default calibrations several times with several different instruments. Coolant is roughly 40 deg off and air temp is roughly 20 deg off.

So basically, i use default calibrations that are no where near correct or i use custom calibrations that wont work with Halwin.

vlad_rally

Postby vlad_rally » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 am

Hmm...can't remember how o got through this, but i've stumbled into this problem when i callibrated mine...i'l check tomorrow to see exactly... as i said earlyer, mine reads correctly the vacum part, -100 to 0, on boost it starts to read wrong.

Return to “E11v2/E8”