extra injector current/ohm settings

Andersk

extra injector current/ohm settings

Postby Andersk » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello
just got a E8 as my friend told me it is the best ecu for my sons project. It is a toyota 7afe with a supercharger in a Corolla e11 and the question i have is regarding injector current/ohm

I want to run i with the org injectors on the inj1-4 and have measured the ohm across and put the right setting in the current/ohm settings. but as we also want to be able to use E85 ( easy to get in sweden ) i plan on using staged setup. The car will be wastespark so i only use two ignition. IG3 and 4 will be for extra injectors.

So to my question/questions

Can i run two injectors per wire as i understand that all extra injectors flow with inj1 and where do i choose the correct setting for current/ohm ?

If i cant run two injectors per wire i plan on using AUX1-2 as extra injectors. Same question here, where do i set the current/ohm for the extra injectors?

Or is there no setting upp current for extra injectors just to run with 1amp ? Just find the right injectors or resistance?

thanks
Anders

Andersk

Re: extra injector current/ohm settings

Postby Andersk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:32 am

Been looking in the software and found the injector 1 to 12 in current/ohm settings in the fuel settings. my question is, what injector number does ignition 3 and 4 translate to ? or am i wrong?

Regarding my question about current/ohm on running two injectors on one wire. Am i right in thinking that as long i put high sat setting i am fine as i dont go over 8amp total.

thanks
Anders

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Should be all on the wiring diagram

Andersk

Postby Andersk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:54 pm

Hello

I looked at the wiring diagram on your page

http://www.haltech.com/wp-content/uploa ... iagram.pdf

but it only said ignition 1-4 on pins 3-6 on the 34 pin connector so nothing to help me there, is there Another wiring diagram that i should look for?

Thanks
Anders

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:39 pm

Sorry I should have read your post a little better. An E8 only has 4 injector drivers. The ignition drivers are not injector drivers.

The E11v2 allows ignition 3 and 4 to be assigned as injector 10 and 9 respectively. Part of the reason it was more expensive when it was available.

Andersk

Postby Andersk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:44 pm

it`s ok, i understand you get a lot of repeating questions over the time.

ok, so 4 injector drives.

If i would connect 2 injectors to each drive, one injector with gas and one with E85. Both these would get the same injector timing from the E8. But if i put the E85 injectors power wire throu a relay which is triggerd by a load trigger in E8 could this work?

So when i start the Engine only one set of injectors will flow and when we reach a pre set stage the other set of injectors will flow to, making it a type of staged injector system.

the fuelmap will have a gigant gap when the other injectors start.

How would this work with the current/ohm do to one set injectors produce it`s numbers and when the other set injectors start it will be Another story

thanks
Anders

Return to “E11v2/E8”