New Iq3 dash E11V2

LarsPerformance

New Iq3 dash E11V2

Postby LarsPerformance » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:21 pm

As i can see, the E11V2 with the latest Firmware and Halwin 1.89 does have CAN-BUS.

I know about the new Can-Protocol, that is not supported on the E11V2!

But if i do buy a new Haltech branded IQ3 "HT-060100"
Will this be capable of understanding the old Protocol?

And what about this Gauge Art thing. Will that understand the old protocol.

Lars

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: New Iq3 dash E11V2

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:16 pm

No. You would need a Racepak dash and an interface for the V1 protocol to be able to work with the E11v2.

the_bluester

Postby the_bluester » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:34 pm

That or a secondhand, early version IQ3 that has the V1 module in it.

I have one of those and in some ways I can see advantages to the vanilla IQ3 and external module. At least with the early dash, the Haltech version has 12 (I think) pre configured channels that match the CAN message out of the ECU and you can not delete those, so if you have an external speed input for instane, you will have an unused but fixed EFI speed channel in the configuration.

LarsPerformance

Postby LarsPerformance » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Ok! Thanks for the info.

Have been looking at the AIM MXL also.
It looks like all the AIM stuff is compatible with this protocol.

They also released a new one called MXS. Looks like this is more than capable for my needsAnd smaller.
It is a StreetCar, but i dont like driving blindfolded.
I do have a 5" Tach and Speed, but will need some more to please my ego.

The AIM MXS also has 8x Analog user defined Inputs.
It do cost $1100, but Gauges are not cheap eather.

Only small Dash, i have found are "KMS Can Display" http://kms.vankronenburg.nl/products/ac ... n-display/
But offcourse with there own protocol.

Would be nice with something that simple.
And there is probably a marked for it.
It may look cool in a Riser with LapTimer, but realisticaly its not needed Driving Kids to the KinderGarden.

the_bluester

Postby the_bluester » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 am

You would think that the MXS will have moved on from the old AIM protocol (Which is what the Haltech V1 protocol is based on, prior to the IQ3 appearing, Haltech used to sell the MXL dash)

Hopefully something newer like an MXS would be configurable so you can select various CAN messages for different ECUs rather than being tied to just the one. That is one limitation I don't like much in the IQ3, if you want to hook it up to an ECU which sends different messages, you need to buy a suitable interface module for it (Assuming Racepak make one) where using more modern dashes you load a template or build your own to suit he CAN messages being sent by whatever you want the data to come from. The IQ3 is a couple of generations old now, think in terms of a Motec CDL or maybe whatever preceded it, I would assume it would be coming up for replacement by a new unit soon.

Return to “E11v2/E8”