Need help re honda b18 with e11

Evlgsr

Need help re honda b18 with e11

Postby Evlgsr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi all

I have been trying to get my honda integra with a b18b in it to work with the e11v2 but have had no luck.

I can get it to start and idle but only with 0 offset and 76 trigger angle qith batch fuel setup. This is drive able and rpm doesn't jump much but qhen switching to sequential or any other fuel setup it dies.

I have used the 24 tooth as trigger and 1 tooth ss home but reluctors setup as rising edge.

I have tried what a few posts here suggested with 76 and 9 offset but no luck in starting.

I also tried a timing gun with 0 offset and timing seems to fire before the 14 degree marker qhen it's locked to 16 in halwin.

Any help would be great!

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Need help re honda b18 with e11

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:04 am

Tooth ofset is a coarse timing adjustment. Trigger Angle is a fine adjustment.
If you have 24 teeth in your distributor, this is 12 teeth per one crank revolution (360deg). so each tooth is 30deg.

Trigger angle should be slightly more than the most timing you will ever command. Going higher than this introduces timing error with a fast revving engine. So if 76 is lining up, I would increase the tooth offset from 0 to 1 (moves timing 30deg) and drop the Trigger Angle to 46.

If your timing is misaligned by 2deg, then moving the Trigger Angle by 2 is how to fix this.

Now to get more advanced...
After you have lined up the timing, if you temporarily set the ignition to Direct Fire you will only get one spark from your IGN OUT 1 for every full cycle. You can check which spark plug lead gets this spark. If it is not Cylinder 1, you can change your Tooth Offset in increments of 6 (24 teeth divided into 4-cylinders, so there is a cylinder every 6 teeth) until the correct #1 spark plug lead sees the spark. When it is correct, set it back to Distributor mode. This process makes sure that the injectors are phased correctly and that the injector for each cylinder fires at the correct time. Because you have a mechanical distributor the spark always going to the correct cylinder but your injection could be out of time.

Return to “E11v2/E8”