Haltech e8 AUX output to control 4age vvt solenoid

dk5293

Haltech e8 AUX output to control 4age vvt solenoid

Postby dk5293 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi,
I cannot seem to get the VVT solenoid to switch using the Aux outputs on the Haltech e8. I have tried using PWM out #2 as well as AUX out #1 and my understanding is they switch to ground. The solenoid has 12v provided to it on one side (tapped off the power for the ignition coils and not sure if this could be my problem) and either AUX on the other, but solenoid wont switch (using test mode), and dont see the output properly switching with a multimeter. Ive tested the solenoid and it definately works.
thanks
Andrew

Mitsiman

Re: Haltech e8 AUX output to control 4age vvt solenoid

Postby Mitsiman » Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Have you tried grounding it permanently and using the haltech output to switch the ground on the power supply relay.

The Haltech outputs are not designed to act as grounds for circuits with high current draw and the solenoid may be requiring a better earth than what the haltech ECU output can provide.
WA Haltech Dealer with Dynapack Hub Dyno in WA!!! VP Racing Fuels and Sucrogen E85 Agent for WA.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Haltech e8 AUX output to control 4age vvt solenoid

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri May 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Aux Out 1 should have no dramas triggering the VCT solenoid on a 4AG. I would not use the PWMs though.

Return to “E11v2/E8”