Dropping resistor question.

BlackBirdSR71

Dropping resistor question.

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm

I could have sworn I started a new post on this earlier and now it's disappeared. I'll try again.

When using Low-z injectors, I'm assuming that the E11 use some form of automatic PW current limiting to control the injectors, based on their amperage draw. . That would be with the dropping resistors removed of course. Correct?

If I wanted to use the dropping resistors, how should be injector driver control be configured? As 8 amp/sat injectors or what?

Is there any advantage to use dropping resistors over PW current limiting ( if that is what Haltech uses )?

The reason I ask is that I have recently been helping tune a different manufacture of ECU's that uses PW Current limiting for Low-z injectors with no dropping resistors installed. The parameters on this un-named ECU have to be set manually, however the suggested settings are often inaccurate. ( As are many other things ) .

I don't expect such issues with Haltech of course, but just seeking some clarity to the situation and if using dropping resistors with Low-z injectors and the Haltech E11 has any advantage or disadvantage over not using dropping resistors.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Dropping resistor question.

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Yes it does control the current, but for low imp injectors you would set it to the correct setting that matches this loading. They will still run with it set to Saturated but it will overheat the drivers or the injectors over a long period.

BlackBirdSR71

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 am

So I'm using 295 cc Low impedance Supra Injectors. Part #23250-70040. Yellow tops. When checked with an Ohm meter these measure 3.0 ohms. By ohms law these should draw 4 amps. Correct?

Since there is no 4 Amp selection for Peak and Hold injectors, should I go up one step and choose 5 AMP Peak and 1.2 AMP Hold as per screenshot? 6 cylinder engine:

Peak and Hold #1.jpg

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:05 pm

It makes little difference on this system , but go for 5A.

Return to “E11v2/E8”