E8 with a 6 cylinder

BlackBirdSR71

E8 with a 6 cylinder

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:35 am

Is it possible to use an E8 on a 6 cylinder engine? Engine is a supercharged Datsun L28 inline 6. It is using a standard Distributor. It would be either Multipoint or Batch fire as there is no home signal from distributor. Simple Vr reluctor.

I was thinking of using the Ignition #2 and Ignition #3 signals to power injector #5 and #6. Would this work?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: E8 with a 6 cylinder

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Yes it will run a 6-cylinder. No you cannot connect ignition outputs to injectors unless you want to generate spark with your injectors. :mrgreen:

BlackBirdSR71

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:13 am

So How would we go about enabling two more injectors? Can we do it through the software or would we have to pair injectors together as Mutipoint or Barch fire.

I've included a screenshot of the Auxilary Outputs for an E8 ECU in Halwin 1.71.

I have Ignition 1 enabled for my single Ignition coil. Ignition 2 and Ignition 3 are configured for " Extra Injector "

This is the wording for " Extra Injector " setting from the E8 Manual. I thought this meant I could configure these two extra injectors on the Free Ignition Channels #2 and #3. Engine will be run as Multipoint.

Extra Injector
Select extra injector output for additional staged injection. You can select as many extra injectors as the
number of free timed channels allows. The additional injector will pulse at the same time as injector 1. The
injection mode is defined by the staged injection setup found in the fuel setup page. See section fuel
setup page.

ScreenShot004.jpg

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 pm

You cant run them as injector outputs. An E11v2 would have done what you needed, but you can pair up the injectors in the wiring to run your E8.

Much like using pliers to undo a bolt. You probably can do the job with them but its messy, and using the right tool will get the correct result. So too using the right ECU for the job.

BlackBirdSR71

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:03 am

Thanks. I think I've figured it out. Looks like the E8 can drive 8 Hi-z injectors or 4 Low-Z.

ECU is actually a friends and he got it for free E8 is a whole lot better than what he has currently ( SDS ) . I'd rate SDS as pliers, the E8 as a trusty ol' Crescent wrench and a New Elite as a Snap-On Professional series. That seems about right. :D

I want to move him into a newer Haltech when he has the Budget, but the SDS has to go. Motor is supercharged and the SDS cost him an engine last Winter. Budget was blown on new engine build , so E8 for free is looking pretty good.

poweredbyprobe82

Postby poweredbyprobe82 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:00 am

Sorry for being off topic but I was hoping someone has the e8 software they can email me.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Its on the website. Downloads / Previous Products and look for E8 or E11v2. Software is Halwin

Return to “E11v2/E8”