injectors firing at 'key on' and sudden password protection?

legionofdeath

injectors firing at 'key on' and sudden password protection?

Postby legionofdeath » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:15 am

on an 87' mazda rx7. 13bt., running an E8 ecu.

was driving the car around yesterday on my new setup, making sure everything was good before going to the dyno to tune. car ran great.
pulled the car into my driveway and shut it off. a little later went to start the car to move into the garage, didn't want to start, and the battery began to die.
put a different battery in the car, and even tried to jump start it, but now all 4 injectors are constantly firing, even when the engine is not cranking, and the fuel pump sounds like its pulsating. but the fuel pump only runs when the engine is cranking like its supposed to.

plugged in my laptop to the E8, and now it says the ecu is password protected, and I have NEVER set a password protection into the ECU....

all fuses are good, grounds are still solid. I don't think there are any shorts anywhere...

I am beyond confused, and have no idea what to look for anymore.

and help would be GREATLY appreciated. trying to get my car ready for a drift event tomorrow, and now this happens... :(

thanks!

HaltechScott
Haltech Staff

Re: injectors firing at 'key on' and sudden password protection?

Postby HaltechScott » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:14 pm

The first thing to do is unplug the large ECU connector. This will disable the injectors and ignition.

Go online with the ECU and see if it will allow you now. The password issue may be from the ECU pulling too much current from either a faulty component or a wiring issue.
Please also makse sure the laptop you are using can actually communicate with the serial port.

Once you are online look through your map and see if anything is different,

Let me know.
Scott.
Kind Regards
Scott
scott@haltech.com - support@haltech.com
Ph: +612 9729 0999
Please e-mail support directly for earliest reply.

Mitsiman

Postby Mitsiman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:59 pm

I have struck this before once on a customers vehicle, and found that for some reason with the battery change, the ecu got scrambled. I had to on that vehicle, wipe the ecu and then reload a tune back onto it. I don't know why it did this, but that was the only way I could fix it.
WA Haltech Dealer with Dynapack Hub Dyno in WA!!! VP Racing Fuels and Sucrogen E85 Agent for WA.

Topfun99

Postby Topfun99 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:33 pm

I had a similar incident with my E11. In my case I just shut the vehicle off, went in a store for 5 minutes and when I tried to restart the vehicle it would not start. I had my laptop hooked up to it so I didn't fight it very long, I simply reloaded the map file and everything was fine. I expect something like this to happen occassionally so my laptop is never far from the car and usually travels with it.

Rorge5

Postby Rorge5 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Hey guys i've just had this exact thing happen to my MX5..
I'm not one to meddle so hadn't ever plugged in and got a copy of my tune to reload, is there any way to retrieve the tune still?

Mitsiman

Postby Mitsiman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Only option if it is a scrambled tune is to go back to your tuner and get a copy and reload it back onto the ECU.

If you don't have a copy and neither does your tuner, then the car will need to be remapped
WA Haltech Dealer with Dynapack Hub Dyno in WA!!! VP Racing Fuels and Sucrogen E85 Agent for WA.

Return to “E11v2/E8”