Motronic 60-2 issues

vw1320

Motronic 60-2 issues

Postby vw1320 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:18 am

Have a bit of an odd issue with an e6x using a stock VW 60-2 trigger. I get a fairly consistent rpm reading and the car revs all the way to redline but it seems like the timing retards itself at 6500 rpm every time. I have to add a large amount of timing (8 degrees) to keep from having a huge dip in the power curve. I will also get a misfire at that point every so often though no where else and its just a single event.

I have tried different trigger angles and tooth offsets (always checking base timing after) to rule out it triggering on the missing tooth. I also tried messing with the motronic filter and gain settings (currently both set at 0) though those just seemed to cause more problems as the ecu would lose the rpm signal and not rev above ~3000rpm. I also tried another e6x box and it seemed to do it at 6000 rpm with that one.

I replaced the crank sensor thinking it might be old and that didn't help. Also checked and redid the wiring.

Any thoughts? I remember some post saying to either add a resistor or swap wiring to the crank sensor but I can't seem to find that post searching here. I did read about using an external reluctor adapter and have two MSD 8509's I can wire in but wouldn't that require wiring in the cam sensor as the home signal (currently using just the 60-2 wheel)? If that is the answer I will do it but its a little more work than I want to do as I would have to run wiring for the cam sensor.

Thanks in advance.

vw1320

Re: Motronic 60-2 issues

Postby vw1320 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 am

Little more info I left out - it is a 6 cyl running wasted spark and batch fire.

Reading through the manual again it allows you to do Motronic mode with a hall effect sensor. Can I use just one MSD 8509 using the crank sensor and set both trigger and home to Hall? Will the ecu see the missing teeth as home still?

turbo mike

Postby turbo mike » Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 am

looking for this info as well. Any haltech guys available to help? Would it suffice to use a hall sensor instead of the stock bosch sensor to make this work?

iceman_n

Postby iceman_n » Mon May 22, 2017 10:31 pm

the 60-2 trigger is on damper pulley or on solid pulley ?

Return to “E6X/E6GMX/F10X”