Cold Start - hard to start and Not revving up

austskiboy

Cold Start - hard to start and Not revving up

Postby austskiboy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Have a 3.5 Rover V8 running Haltech Ex6 with supercharger - been running fine for some time (several years) then something changed??

Now hard on cold start - turn over but wont fire. Very hard to get it to fire. When it does it no longer revs up until warm and drop down. It used to then stopped when the cold start problem started. Sometimes when it finally starts now it is hard to get the throttle to rev it up. :(

It did intermittently return to revving up and starting fine for a few days then stopped again. Hot start is normally fine - sometimes takes a few turns but generally starts fine hot.

I have software and computer to connect with RS232 port so can view the computer etc but I just don't know what to look for to work out which part - sensor or the computer - is not working properly.

Experts - where do I start - what maps or screens do you need to see to diagnose.

Thanks in advance for any help
Keith

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Cold Start - hard to start and Not revving up

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:38 pm

It could be anything. Check if the throttle is calibrated and reads 0% at idle. If it doesnt the idle control will not work and wont idle up when cold.

austskiboy

Re: Cold Start - hard to start and Not revving up

Postby austskiboy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Matthew

Thanks - I am a quick learning novice to all this.

What does calibrated mean - getting a signal from the throttle?

Is there are screen I can capture from the software that would help?

Return to “E6X/E6GMX/F10X”