Conflicting Information in E6X manual - sequential setup

SlickNick

Conflicting Information in E6X manual - sequential setup

Postby SlickNick » Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 am

My car (Mazda Protege / 323 / Sport20) with FS engine. It has a motronic 36-1 crank wheel +1 home on the cam. Running (or attempting to) sequential fuel injection plus 2 waste spark ignition outputs on my E6X. I am running a RA-10 as well and all signals are very clean.

With regards to wiring the injectors for sequential (firing order is 1,3,4,2) I understand the ECU fires the injection outputs in order (1,2,3,4) beginning with the first trigger AFTER the home signal is received. Page 119 of the manual states that then, INJ1 output to injector 1, INJ2 output to injector 3, etc.

Page 152 however under motronic setup, states to wire INJ1 output to injector 3, INJ2 to injector 4, and so on.

Quite contradictory information! Can anyone at Haltech shed some light on this at all for me please? If you require more information on when exactly these events occur, look here for photos:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8841

Thank you!

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Conflicting Information in E6X manual - sequential setup

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed May 20, 2015 1:51 pm

As stated, the outputs fire 1,2,3,4, but also the ECU has a limited firing angle range. If you move the cylinder each output is wired to forward or backwards it can help you obtain the angle you need which is what I think it is referring to (written MANY years ago). I would skip 2x cylinder forward in the cycle, which will get you closer to the mark.

Return to “E6X/E6GMX/F10X”