E6X forgets maps, why? Might be causing other problems.

Ryan180

E6X forgets maps, why? Might be causing other problems.

Postby Ryan180 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Every now and then (maybe a month or so) when I check the map on my E6X at least the fuel and timing base maps have been reset to default values or an auto generated one. This annoys me because I made my own maps so I have them saved, but when I see this I don't know for how long my car has been running rich.

Another issue I've been having is injectors placed on cylinders 2 and 4 on my SR20DET after a month or so of use start to flow excessive fuel, the problem then follows the injectors but I think an electrical problem linked to the ECU may be doing this but I'm not sure. All injectors show the same impedance and supply voltage at the plugs but I think there could be an underlying problem.

Anyway regardless of if that problem is related what would cause my ecu to forget the saved maps? Is there a battery of some sort in the ecu that needs to be replaced or something?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: E6X forgets maps, why? Might be causing other problems.

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:42 pm

The default map is not stored in the ECU (even the brand new Elite), so the ECU cannot revert back to a default state by itself under any circumstances. Only uploading the default map can achieve this. Or perhaps you are not online when you are checking the map.

Return to “E6X/E6GMX/F10X”