Injection Time Calculator for all Haltech ECUs

Re: Injection Time Calculator for all Haltech ECUs

Postby boltzman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:59 am

when you use this calc it gives you a Min and Max value for the calculated AFR you want...

Am I supposed to enter this Min and Max to every RPM range? such as doing alt+r for all ranges... setting the min and max, then highlight the bars and do alt+L to linearized the range?

or am I supposed to be calculating different AFR's to go in different graph areas
boltzman

Postby engineer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi CHamp,

Use the min and max values as the endpoints of the lineraisation function. Essentially use the values to define the fuel curve slope across all the load points.

You do not need to do it for each rpm range as the formulas will give you the same min and max value irrespective of RPM.

Cheers
Engineer
engineer

Postby boltzman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:44 am

I know the calculator gives the same result for all RPM ranges

What i was meaning was in halwin, should the min/max be entered for each RPM page of the 2D display?
boltzman

Postby Vipe84 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:30 pm

engineer wrote:Hi,

I will look into your file as the calculated vs real values are miles apart. I will get back to you as soon as I have found something :)

Cheers
Engineer

Hi Engineer,

Did you have the time to check my issue?
Also, how well wil the calc work on a V8-installation? Full seq. inj..

Best regards,
Eivind
BMW E36 325i turbo - E11v2
350rwhp - 440nm
Vipe84

Postby Vipe84 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Anybody else running a 6 or 8cyl willing to run a comparison on their tuned map vs. calculated and post in this tread? :)
350rwhp - 440nm
Vipe84

Postby Thelemorf » Sun May 15, 2011 2:11 am

I dont know if im doing something wrong, but when I enter my specs in the calc it suggests ~2x the injection time i have

2000cc engine with stock (mild) cam and stock 187cc injectors, target AFR 13.5. It suggests 5.7 - 19.3ms injection time and (-70 - 0kPa).
I set injection type to Sequential, then input the above values for All ranges and swap back to batch injection so the box recalculate the injection times.

The problem is that with those values its so rich that it wont even start, and if i get it to start by altering the 0/500rpm range it will have a AFR on ~9-10 on idle... 8)
Thelemorf

Postby engineer » Wed May 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi,

Are you sure your injectors are 187 cc/min ? They may not be if its running too rich on the calculated values.

Also the calc was optimised for 4 cyl turbo cars. I did not have much time to work on the 3,5,6,8 cyl motors in much detail so therefore the accuracy may not be there.

Cheers
Engineer
engineer

Postby engineer » Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi Vipe84,

I have found the issue. The Engine factor rating for the 6 cyl engine is incorrect in the formulas.

I would advise to use the engine factor of "2" and you should then get a good result. I did not have at the time enough real 6 cyl maps to use to get the engine factor right for the 6 cyl engines. I was going to make it a drop down box instead of entering a value in to the calc manually but just ran out of time..plus I did not have a 6 cyl car..so it did not concern me much :)

Anyway try engine factor of 2 and you should get a close answer to your real map..very close actually... see attchment :)

Cheers
Engineer
Attachments
Calc Vipe map 6 cyl.png
engineer

Postby Vipe84 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:32 am

Hi engineer,

Thanks for your time and answer, awesome! :)
How well does the calc work for a V8 simulation, should I use a different engine factor?
350rwhp - 440nm
Vipe84

Postby engineer » Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi Vipe84,

The v8 simulation will work just the same asd the others as the equations are pressure and volumtric efficiency based, so engine config is not that relevant. However the critical factor here is the engine factor value. I will need some actual v8 maps that are tuned right and then i can look at the engine factor value that will work best in the equations to get you the right result.

Similar to what you sent me for the 6 cyl car. The more maps I have the closer I can get the engine factor for the v8 engines.

Cheers
Engineer
engineer

Postby engineer » Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 am

Hi All,

As per a few requests I have now created a newer version of the calculator V2.0

Changes are:

1) SI Units can now be used exclusively
2) Engine Factor for 6 Cyl cars has been corrected

The calculator should now be accurate for 4 and 6 cyl cars. Please post up some good properly tuned maps for 8 cyl, 5 cyl etc and i will create the right engine factor for them and include them into the calculator too for ease of use.

Enjoy !

Cheers
Engineer

p.s for those that have benefitted from the tool over the last 5 years and wish to make a donation (no obligation of course :) ) to the developer (me!) please do so by paypal at [email protected] .

Be cool..

Cheers
Engineer
Attachments
Injection Time Calculator V2.0.xls
(98 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
engineer

Postby Thelemorf » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 am

engineer wrote:Hi All,

As per a few requests I have now created a newer version of the calculator V2.0

Changes are:

1) SI Units can now be used exclusively
2) Engine Factor for 6 Cyl cars has been corrected

You rock! :)
Thelemorf

Postby [plohl] » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Engineer,

You wouldn't have one of these based on throttle position as the load? If not, no biggy, i'll try and come up with something myself.

Cheers
plohl
Cheers, plohl
[plohl]

Postby engineer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi Dude,

No Throttle position load is not possible as the formulas are pressure based. Sorry :)

if you make something up..let us know :)

Cheers
E
engineer

Previous

Return to E6X/E6GMX/F10X