Interceptor on Echo 2NZ

BLSTIC

Interceptor on Echo 2NZ

Postby BLSTIC » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 pm

So I picked up a Platinum Interceptor the other day, and am thinking about using it rather than messing with Toyota security systems when I swap my 2NZ for a 1NZ (supposedly identical sensor signals).

My concern is that the camshaft timing will change when I adjust the ignition timing, as the ecu will adjust cam timing to match the new crank angle signal. In this case altering the ignition timing would also alter the cam timing by the same amount. Is that actually a concern or should I not be bothered by the 5 degrees or so that it will change by?

I'm 90% sure the Interceptor can't adjust valve timing separate from ignition timing...

Thanks
Ben

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Interceptor on Echo 2NZ

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:44 am

The vehicle is nor on our supported vehicles list, so it is not supported.

BLSTIC

Postby BLSTIC » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 pm

I'm aware it isn't directly supported. I was hoping there was enough electrical similarity between the various signals of the NZ and ZZ series that it would be compatible. I'm willing to try in any case. The inteceptor and the car were both cheap and are pretty much disposable to me.

But say I did have Corolla with a 1ZZ. Would ignition timing adjustments affect actual cam timing if the interceptor was wired correctly?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Yes it should work fine if you can wire and configure it.

Return to “Interceptor”