Miniceptor Setup Tips and Options (for all to share here)

Claudio

Miniceptor Setup Tips and Options (for all to share here)

Postby Claudio » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Hello all,

I've been playing with the Miniceptor basically learning its ins and outs, and wanted to start this thread to discuss different setups and options or features the Miniceptor may have or someone would need or share.

First things first, the wiring diagram, here is the diagram for the Miniceptor, since most people have only access to the regular Interceptor, the colors are the same, but the pin locations are different, since the connectors for each unit is different. Now, their functionality and software are identical.

Miniceptor/Interceptor Platinum Diagram

For those of you unfamiliar with what it looks like here's a pic.

Now, so far what ive been playing with is additional injector and stand alone ignition controlling, and some rudimentary good ol fasion crank sensor and map sensor interfacing. Overall the unit functions pretty much the way you'd expect and the software seems easy enough.

So, post your experiences and if you'd even like to share maps you're more than welcome too.

Thanks.
Claudio
tuningtechnology@gmail.com
Independant Haltech Sales & Tech Support

haltechindonesia

Re: Miniceptor Setup Tips and Options (for all to share here)

Postby haltechindonesia » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:19 am

Claudio,

I have been played with this interceptor 2 too (miniceptor).
I have done with installed the miniceptor to Toyota Avanza with K3 engine (1.3L) and Toyota Yaris/Vios(1NZFE engine - 1.5L VVTi).
but the interceptor cannot intercept the throttle by wire and vvt systems yet.
I wish it can support those function... can make the throttle by wire more responsive... hehehe.
How to send diagram and basemap to this forum? should i put the files on my website first?
Or I can send you by email and you post them to this forum? :D
Ovi Sardjan (Noornoviandy S.)

HaltechScott
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechScott » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:13 am

Things you should know about Interceptor . com
Please note Haltech deos not give technical support for unsupported vehicles.

To Intercept the crank signal you would:
Hall Effect - CUT signal Wire
Join DIGIN1 to Sensor Side
Join DIGOUT1 to ECU Side

OR

Reluctor
+ve wire CUT
Join Sensor side to DIGIN1
Join ECU Side to DIGOUT1 "Rel +"
-ve wire CUT
Join Sensor side to B/W(sensor ground) on INTERCEPTOR
OR
Join Sensor side to GY/B(Reluctor ground) on MINICEPTOR

To Intercept the Load sensor (MAP or AFM) You would.
Digital MAP or AFM (frequency)
Cut AFM or MAP signal wire
Join Sensor side to DIGIN2
Join Ecu side to DIGOUT2

Analogue MAP or AFM (0-5v signal usually)
CUT AFM or MAP signal wire
Join Sensor side to ANIN1
Join ECU side to ANOUT1

To wire the TPS to use as a load sensor (not nessisary unless using TPS as the load source)
Splice ANIN2 to the TPS Signal Wire

To Intercept and control the Boost control solinoid you would:
CUT the Boost control solinoid wire from the ECU.
Join DigOut3 to the Sensor side (BCS)
Join DigOut4 to the ECU side
Please note DigOut3 will control the solinoid, while Digout4 will be set to "PullUp" in the software - this will simulate the boost control solinoid being connected to the factory ECU to avoid an engine check light (CEL).

R/W 12v Power supply
Splice to a constant 12v supply wire
NOTE: I suggest connecting to a 12v constant supply as some late model cars do a sensor check on start up. This check is sometimes faster than the time it takes the Interceptor to boot up and start outputting a signal. This will result in a CEL.
WARNING: This means when you turn the ignition off the Interceptor will not power down. You will need to do a
COMMS > RESET ECU for any settings to be initialised - You can do a comm's reset with the engine running.

Black Ground
Splice to a power ground on the factory ECU

Black/white - Sensor ground
Splice to a Sensor ground, such as the AFM, MAP or TPS ground wire.
NOT ADVISED - But I often connect the Power ground and sensor ground together, then find the most convenient ground wire on the factory ECU and splice to it. WARNING doing this may result in problems from poor grounding especially when using Frequency AFM and MAP sensors.

After doing this you will need to adjust the software to allow the Interceptor to recognise the incoming signals. It may be easier to match up your sensors with other supported sensors, then copy the signals across to your own custom base map.

Please note Haltech deos not give technical support for unsupported vehicles.

Good luck - Hope this helps
Scott.
Kind Regards
Scott
scott@haltech.com - support@haltech.com
Ph: +612 9729 0999
Please e-mail support directly for earliest reply.

Robbks

Postby Robbks » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:00 pm

i thought i'd add this here too.

How to Log Wideband AFR in your Miniceptor/ Interceptor

This procedure works pretty well and is very close (within +- 0.2 AFR) of both logworks and my analogue gauge

If your Wideband Controller has a second analogue output (such as the LC-1) wire it into a spare analogue input (i picked AN IN 4 as it was un-used)
Ensure the wideband controller and the Haltech share a common earth point so as to negate any ground voltage offsets.
Setup your wideband controller to output a 0-5v signal for it's appropriate AFR range

Next, in the Haltech software
Go to Diagnostics/testing->
Analogue inputs->
Test input 1, and set it to the correct Analogue Input.

-Then go to datalogging and log Test An Inp 1 Voltage.
-Set it to raw 0-1023
-Next, in the conversion boxes, asign the "0 volts" (0) value in AFR/ Lambada/ etc to what your Wideband controller outputs at 0v
and conversely assign the "5 Volts" (1023) value in AFR, etc to what your wideband controller outputs at 5v.

There is a box at the top (DPS) to which i do not know what that means, and the help file is useless as far as these variables go, i just left it at it's default value. If anyone can shed some light onto what this value actually means, i'm all ears.

apply the changes and you're away.

NOTE.
this is by no means a 100% accurate and foolproof system, but it's a good, quick solution and can be used as a decent "guide" to the current AFR's
compare it with your known accurate gauges and software

eddyvr4

Postby eddyvr4 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 am

Tips on using a miniceptior digital outputs to drive a generic solenoid or injector etc:

The Interceptor can drive up to 800mA per channel (0.8amp).
To drive more current than this I reccomend using a solid state relay.
The Interceptor outputs switch to ground to activate.

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:25 am

Is there Launch control to build boost ie spark cut? I saw a auxiliary rev limiter option if not mistaken, if so how to wire it ?
Making people fly!

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:37 am

also there should really be a serious manual released. I mean Haltech is offering the Platinum Interceptor, one of the latest releases (per the Platinum line of ecus), we know it uses the same software as the old version, so the excuse of the lack of a real manual because its an old ecu is no good. It is mandatory to give a good support (at least a decent manual) for any product a company releases. It is as important as the product itself. Dont take me wrong, I'm just giving a positive constructive critic of this situation. The product is great but we as tuners need an explanation even if we can tell by our own means what is what and what goes where, I just hope this suggestions can lead to a short term release of a real manual.
Making people fly!

sas066

Postby sas066 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Looking at the Platanum Intercepeter to go a Ford Focus RS 2010 5 cylinder turbo (unsupported vehicle).

Does the intercepter recognise 60-2 trigger?

Simon.

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 am

You'd have to see if amongst the list of vehicles there is a 60-2 setup, and be sure other stuff match to your vehicle...
Making people fly!

itzikp

Postby itzikp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:43 pm

hi,
i have a volvo 760 turbo with B230FT and jetronic lh 2.4
i'm trying to install the platinum interseptor , i can't get any rpm signal from the tdc sensor,
can anyone help me with wiring or tips about the input settings with similer engine management ?
regards
itzik.
p.s - i can see the air flow meter signal,ect and everything else seems to be o.k

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:16 am

itzikp wrote:hi,
i have a volvo 760 turbo with B230FT and jetronic lh 2.4
i'm trying to install the platinum interseptor , i can't get any rpm signal from the tdc sensor,
can anyone help me with wiring or tips about the input settings with similer engine management ?
regards
itzik.
p.s - i can see the air flow meter signal,ect and everything else seems to be o.k

Have you tried wiring it both ways? is the sensor a VR sensor or Hall?(2cables generally VR, 3cables generally Hall).
What trigger type have you selected?
Have you tried both edges?
Are you putting the signal into Digital Input1?
Making people fly!

Return to “Interceptor”