Question Re Getting Interceptor Online

dazjb01

Question Re Getting Interceptor Online

Postby dazjb01 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:18 am

Hi

Ive bought a Halford Interceptor Platinum ECU which i'm installing as part of a supercharger setup on my FTO so thought I would have a play around with it and see if I could get the laptop connected to it.

In the manual it says "To bring the Haltech Interceptor online the user must first ensure the interceptor has power and the communications cable is connected." So I have put a 12v live and ground to the Interceptor and connected it to the laptop via a Serial to USB adaptor (the driver disc for this installed fine). I open up the Haltech v1.08 software, chose the correct COM port and tell it to connect (go Online) but nothing happens. Ive also tried this by connecting it direct to my PC via a serial port so I can rule out the Serial to USB adaptor but still no joy.

My question is .. do I have to have it fully installed in the car and all the other analogue/signal/digital wires tapped into the ECU loom to be able to connect the Interceptor to the laptop? I was just wanting to make sure things connected before I fully installed it into the car and thought just feeding it a 12v and Ground would power it up.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

dazjb01

Re: Question Re Getting Interceptor Online

Postby dazjb01 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:40 am

All sorted now thanks to Scott. The 0v was the Black/White cable .. not the Black .. Doh!

Cheers

Return to “Interceptor”