experimental auxiliary rev limiter launch controll Success!!

jasaircraft

experimental auxiliary rev limiter launch controll Success!!

Postby jasaircraft » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi people, just wondering if anyone has done it or you thoughts on the following,

For this client I have (which I could never put the "launch controll" or auxiliary revlimiter since for some reason it just wont work) Im thinking of (like in autronics with coolant temp) using a change state relay to make the ecu see a false IAT reading and in the respective IAT maps retard timming as much as possible and increase fuel a little.

ALSO! since I know it will probably will not be enough to hold revs, if I could also wire this up to ignition trim analog input and in the trim maps retard even more! (not sure which are the maps for ign trimming, can anyone point out? I suppose its the ones called Ignition Output map 1/2 right?

As a last question has anyone changed from MAF to MAP? is it a straight selecting MAP as load input procedure or will I have to tune again?

Yey haltech is doing seminars in south america!!!
Making people fly!

jasaircraft

Re: experimental auxiliary rev limiter launch controll

Postby jasaircraft » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 am

yyyyyyellouuu! :?:
Making people fly!

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

anyone?
Making people fly!

Ignition

Postby Ignition » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 pm

changing load source you will have to tune again.

I have seen that diagram of autronic using temp sensor ignition trim, clever and easy way to do it. If you pull enough timing it will limit revs, hard on it though and heats everything up no end. I know this from experience, the customer wanted me to set up a launch limit similarly, from memory was 60 degrees retarded at one point. Then when he tried it out said "man that sounds really hard on the engine".... yeah maybe!

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:58 am

hahah yeah, Im not sure If I will be able to achieve that much ign retard though, maybe if I could fool the ecu by telling it is in 8k rpm, but I wouldnt know how to make such circuit.
Also another easy way (has a downside) would be to fool the map sensor signal while the clutch is depressed... eitherin the totally high vacuum or totally high boost areas at around 4500rpm. Thinking about it it would be better on the highest vacuum area, retard all thats possible there... that retard added to the AIT retard could do the trick, Im about to wire all that up and test...
Making people fly!

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:37 am

Can any of the haltech guys please shed some light to the difference between the "Ignition map 1" and the "Ignition output map 1" ?

I also have the following question, thinking about it, just swapping from MAF to MAP on the software and eliminating my MAF sensor wont do the trick right? I need to fool the stock ecus maf signal, maybe by wiring up the map sensor signal to the MAF signal wire?
thanks...

EDIT: I just read a post in which I commented a while ago lol, and it seems that the interceptor will internally give the maf output wire your desired changes made on the fuel and ign tables using map sensor's signal as a reference, is this right?
this way I could just remove the maf sensor from the intake?
DoubleEDIT: Ok so just by changing fuel source and load point sources to MAP will do the trick, no need to rewire anything, got the car runnig without the afm now, but have encountered a nasty problem, for some reason I cant enrich enough, I was trying to tune some high rpm low load cells and I have already reached 100% increase and AFRs are struggling at around 15:1
Anyone know of some sort of multiplier for the output signal?
Making people fly!

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Thu May 10, 2012 5:00 am

Success on the revlimiter !!! I hooked up a clutch switch one cable to earth the other provides ground to both the map sensors signal cable and the IAT (in my case ANin4) ... Then I setup my 0% load 5500rpm fuel cell to 0 and ign cell to -16
Then I also haveto setup my ANin4 voltages so the haltech reads 130C when clutch switch is activated that is 5V/-20C and 0.4v/-115C and 0v/-130C
That will get your rpms stuck on 5500rpms and build some boost, I noticed that some changes on ign and fuel maps near the limited zone have an effect on to wether it makes poping sounds while limited (builds more boost) or just a dull limited sound (less boost).

You have also got to install a 2nd switch to enable or disable the clutch switch so it doesnt bother you wile driving on the street only when you have to launch (by bother you will see what I mean).

BTW The car is all finished and mapped on MAP sensor only with MAF disconnected, all AFR are good and ign too, it was harder to achieve correct AFRs though.
Making people fly!

Ignition

Postby Ignition » Thu May 10, 2012 6:12 am

I dont like cutting fuel int his manner, there will be a transition where it leans out before cutting completely. Personally I would use ignition only in this scenario.

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm

yeah I tried both, they both work, we havent decided which to keep yet as we had an issue to solve first...
Making people fly!

jasaircraft

Re: experimental auxiliary rev limiter launch controll Success!!

Postby jasaircraft » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Well after a long time, we have now tested this launch ctrl and it doesnt work :/ ....it builds boost and holds revs but when you release the clutch it bogs down and dies, also throwing MIL codes... So I guess I will have to try by intercepting iat only and not the map sensors signal...
Making people fly!

stevieturbo

Postby stevieturbo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:43 am

Are you sure the de-activate switch is releasing fast enough ?

Is it a clutch based switch, or is it a speed based switch ?
9.85 @ 144.75mph, LS1 power :)
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi stevie, it worked!!! Intercepting iat only does the trick, you gotta earth it with the clutch switch, then on the two highest iat zones you retard timing all the way and enrich fuel until it starts to pop and bang, it takes a lot of extra fuel on the zones of course, I also did it the opposite way, leaning it and it also builds boost quite nice, more stable rpms too, but of course there is the fear of superlean afrs and boost :/
Making people fly!

EmporLucas

Re: experimental auxiliary rev limiter launch controll Succe

Postby EmporLucas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Brilliant and simple way to do it. If you take enough moment it will restrict revs, difficult on it though and warms everything up no end.

Buzz App | Buzz Apps | Apps Buzz | Twilio Services | Shopify Services | Nimble Messaging | SMS Marketing | Wordpress SMS Plugin | SMS Plugin | WP SMS Plugin

Return to “Interceptor”