E11V2 in a odd fire Buick.

David-911

E11V2 in a odd fire Buick.

Postby David-911 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:31 am

Hello!
I have a Buick 225 fuel injection project but I want to know if I can install a E11V2 in this odd fire engine? Some one have some experience or idea about that?
I want to keep the distribuidor and install a TBI whit 4 grupal injectors.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: E11V2 in a odd fire Buick.

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Yes it can handle odd fire engines. Just enter in the firing angles in the config.

David-911

Postby David-911 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:42 am

Ok! I just finish to put everything together but I am little confused about the type of trigger that I have to use. I have a 36-1 wheel on the damper and a home sensor inside the distribuitor, them I use motronic 36-1 + cam home sensor (Ford), the engine starts but misfiring some cylinders and the timing have a strange behavior, well I start the change the trigger angle and the tooth offset and found that the position of the sensor may be it is not right, I will change the sensor position to chech that.
The biggest doubt is why the engine starts whit out the home sensor???
I read that the function of the home sensor its reset the computer firing order, them the next cylinder to fire after the home sensor it's the number 1.
I really appreciate If some body cam help to clear my doubts!!!

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am

You never need to move the sensor, just change your tooth offset and trigger angle to match what you have.

Most likely you are not sending the ECU the correct signal. Scope it to check and make sure your settings match the signal. 2-channel scopes are like $50 these days and anyone even thinking about touching an ECU should have one in their toolkit.

Return to “Old Engine Management Systems”