E6K - Faulty signals

WidebodyWoody

E6K - Faulty signals

Postby WidebodyWoody » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi guys

I recently had my haltech re-tuned and it is idling really badly. The tuner was unfortunately not great at tuning the older computers and unfortunately I paid a fair bit for a shotty tune.

Anyway, whilst trying to work out what was going wrong, when the car had warmed up, it started to play up. All of a sudden it stalled. I started the car again, and it continued to stall. With the laptop plugged in, I could see all these signals going crazy. I need help to work out what it could be.

The two photos below were taken seconds apart. They both read the RPM's being over 10,000 rpm's when the real rpm's were more like 1,200. Even though the manifold pressure was -70kPa it was attempting to hit 32 bar. This obviously was pumping too much fuel in which caused it to stall.

Also, the temperature in the 2 photos is very different. 74 deg and 108 deg. Injection timing being 200ms is weird since the highest the map goes to is 8.0 as seen in the photos.

The volts is reading very high. This I am not sure if it's a fault or if it's true. Wastegate being 50% is also odd since we have no wastegate programming.

Timing was also very far off being 7deg BTDC in one and 72deg BTDC in another. Also air temperature at 52 deg is a little odd. Usually that's a signal fault because I don't have that sensor. Help would be really appreciate thanks guys.

Peterson

Re: E6K - Faulty signals

Postby Peterson » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:41 am

Just an idea but maybe alternator is overcharging producing high voltage and that makes the ECU to be confused and going crazy?

WidebodyWoody

Postby WidebodyWoody » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Had it malfunction again. Checked volts and it was 12 volts. Something is causing all of the signals to go haywire. Any ideas what could short out that could make it go crazy?

Peterson

Postby Peterson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:59 pm

Recheck your loom and especially grounds.

WidebodyWoody

Postby WidebodyWoody » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Auto electrician mounted the ignition control right next to the oil ignition coil and might have been getting EM interference so I have slightly adjusted and will see if it happens again.

WidebodyWoody

Postby WidebodyWoody » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Turns out it just happens with the new laptop connected to the car. The old laptop doesn't get this issue.

Return to “Old Engine Management Systems”