e6k - Trigger angle and trigger tooth

celica_ta22

e6k - Trigger angle and trigger tooth

Postby celica_ta22 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 am

Hi all,

I am trying to get a old school celica ta22 2tg engine running again ( its been off the road for a few+ years)

So I have two questions

1) Question 1 - Trigger wheel
Background:
- The car has had some electrical issues in the past so I spent the time re wiring the car - all the wiring has now been replaced and working so much better.
- 2tgeu engine ( 1.6ltr with turbo and is great fun to drive)
- running the dosbox and usb to serial i can log in to the computer and see everything.

Now I have replaced the electronic distributor with a crank angle hall affect setup (http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/14-3 ... p-180.html).

But after all the reading on what numbers to use for trigger tooth and Trigger angle I am still not 100% sure I have got it correct ( as the car will not fire up)

This is a pic of the crack angle wheel
crank-angle.jpg
and I want to know what others would say that the numbers for trigger tooth and trigger angle BTDC should be as everything I try still not starting.

So what do I know and have checked a few ( eg lots of times)
1) Car will not fire up - e6k
2) waste spark running 2 coils
3) haltech ignition module with two inputs from ecu running multi point.
4) Compression ( spec says between 145 and 160psi)
#1 = 150psi
#2 = 150psi
#3 = 150psi
#4 = 150psi
5) Fuel rail pressure 40psi and injector cc/min =220
6) If I pull the spark plugs out ( but still in there home just not screwed in ) and crank 3 times ( in 3 seconds starts ) then it I get blue flame come out which tells me that I have fuel and spark - but it will not fire up

Question 2 - Fuel maps setup
Based on this excel sheet ( which has been a great help) I wanted to confrim a few things
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1615&start=60

My understanding on multipoint setup is that when a single injector is told to fire that all the injectors will fire so if the excel sheet says I need 8ms then i would set the map to 2ms as it fire 4 times and the inlet would open and then it would have the correcft amount of fuel or should it be that the excel just match haltech fuel maps.

thanks in advance

celica_ta22

Re: e6k - Trigger angle and trigger tooth

Postby celica_ta22 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:34 am

So last night I thiought that I would turn the engine over by hand to confrm everything(after getting a email from Luke), and while turning the engine over I realised that for the computer the first firing cylinder was not 1 ( firing order is 1-3-4-2) as the computer had to turn the engine over once so it could work out where it is (find missing tooth) which means that the engine had moved on from cylinder 1 and was on its way to the next cylinder which is 3.

The engine the timing order 1-3-4-2, but on startup the computer will always send the spark to the engine on 3-4-2-1.

After finding that out I made the changes to the ignition setup and started the car = happy days :D

Case closed. Now to tuning this old e6k computer

Return to “Old Engine Management Systems”