URGENT!! Please help! Need E6k old and new software

znick742

URGENT!! Please help! Need E6k old and new software

Postby znick742 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi I have a e6k and when I try to connect it to my computer my haltech software says I need a new version but I guess this could also mean I need a older one to, I have 6.34 right now. So I was wondering if anyone had the 6.09 software or the version 7 software? My car won't run right now and I need to plug into it. I've tried emailing haltech but never got a answer. If someone has those softwares I would really appreciate it if you could help me out, thank you!

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Re: URGENT!! Please help! Need E6k old and new software

Postby HaltechAdam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Try this for the old version
E6k Software Version 609
Version 6.34 is the newest released version for E6K
Cheers

znick742

Postby znick742 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:15 pm

thank you for the reply but it didnt work it now says i need a newer version but ive tried the newest one (6.34) and all versions it says i need a newer one, i dont get it ive tried all versions available and it still doesnt work. it says i have system series 10. im completely lost on what to do if anyone can help i would really appreciate it

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechAdam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 pm

if your car is not running there could be a possible MAP and or Firmware corruption
If possible try to upload your MAP to the ECU using 6.34
If it wont do anything at all then id suspect it has a firmware corruption and this is why the software thinks its the incorrect version.

znick742

Postby znick742 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:00 pm

well the car will run i just have to pull start it then once its running it wont idle but it doesnt want to start by just turning the key so i was trying to get into the e6k to see whats wrong. when i open up the haltech software and click,switch mode, it says i need a newer software.it wont connect to the ems at all. ive seen on the forums there is a version 7.xx for the e6k, is this not true?

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechAdam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 am

version 7 software was never released to the public to my knowledge so it may have issues
I have emailed you a link to the software to give it a try.
cheers

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 am

There was also a v6.34U which allowed wide band AFR to be displayed in the software through the Spare Input Function.

The V7.xx versions allowed dual mapping and a couple of new trigger types, but were a little buggy and as such it was never released to the public as Adam has said. So too an experimential windows version which was abandoned. If you need these features it is far easier to upgrade to at least a Sprint 500 than to try to get them working.

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:05 am

anyone know if the flatshift function ever worked on the e6k? I try selecting it in the 6.34 software being offline and it pops up a message saying it cant be done
Making people fly!

ericsiewkk

Postby ericsiewkk » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:42 am

sorry to bump an old thread.

i am having the same issue it says i need a newer version but i have v6.34 downloaded from haltech site.

Voodoo

Postby Voodoo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:45 am

Same as above.... can whatever latest software version that exists or the known problem with faulty firmware just be put out to save time?
I know the ecu im having problems connecting with (same message about needing a newer version of haltech) works because I can trick it into letting me in with v634 by connecting a broke unit (not registering crank sensor), connecting the laptop to it, then connecting the e6k unit that shows as series 10 and editing from there. However, I would like to not have to constantly swap ecus... kind of a bitch. so can someone just put v7 or whatever the latest was for the e6k out there for us to use/abuse at our own risk. It's not like your doing repairs on them anymore anyways.....

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:13 pm

I struggled with an e6k for too long, turns out they have a tendency to damage their comms circuitry everytime rs232 is plugged and unplugged with time so really save yourself the headache, i lost $400 (bought it second hand) there but after all of the struggle i had i just gave up not worth the time trust me.
Making people fly!

Voodoo

Postby Voodoo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:14 am

I know you’re right but it kills me that I have two units that are 95% functional and the car has been dyno tuned.... I’d be willing to start swapping components on the circuit board if I could find the information I need to figure out where to start.
Hell I’d be willing to bet that if I could disable the function that checks the firmware against the software that I would Have a fully functional unit...

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 am

I wasted some extra cash for the comm chips i tried (bought severall) and shippings to my country it was a bit over 100$ wasted (so over $500 in total). Try what your are thinking about but remember sometimes its just not worth the time and headache.
Making people fly!

Return to “Old Engine Management Systems”