need help tuning for deceleration

toughxc

need help tuning for deceleration

Postby toughxc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:25 am

Hi guys, Ive got my vortech v2 (6psi) running on the car (351 cleveland haltech PS2000 ) now and trying to get a base map sorted before going to a dyno for a full tune, the issue is I seem to have is with the zero throttle map, it works great for idle, but if under no load a few blips of the throttle on the deceleration event and the fuel delivery is way too lean.

two things when it gets to zero throttle it leans out big time, so I'm assuming its taking the zero throttle map at this point which for air flow at the time is no good. And secondly the car is coming off boost and seems on deceleration to be way off the mark with lean numbers too. Is there a way to enrichen a deceleration event? OR delay the zero throttle map for a longer period?

Ive got a data file and map to share but it wont let me attach with the file extension? any idea's. or do i just need to keep chaseing the base map around and add more fuel.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: need help tuning for deceleration

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Dont use the zero throttle table, there is no point. It is a legacy table left in place for people importing maps from older ECUs. Tune the base table correctly and turn this table off.

toughxc

Re: need help tuning for deceleration

Postby toughxc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Dont use the zero throttle table, there is no point. It is a legacy table left in place for people importing maps from older ECUs. Tune the base table correctly and turn this table off.

Thanks matt I'll give it a go, yes it did come across from the e11 I think.

Return to “Tuning Discussions”