Fuel table limit

S2kcrewser

Fuel table limit

Postby S2kcrewser » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Maybr a daft question but how is the fuel flow set i.e msecs etc?

We have just mapped my s2000 on the dyno n/a with just basic mods and we have had to take some fuel columns to 100, now is this the maximum fuel number maxing my injectors out as i think lt is?

I cant get my head round it maxing stock injectors with basic mods.

We did afr checks while mapping and all are to be spot on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

blakebonkofsky

Re: Fuel table limit

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:29 am

Unless you have changed it, the default fuel mapping is done in VE (Volumetric Efficiency), a number that should close match true engine efficiency (As long as everything else is configured exactly). In reality, it's usually close, as injectors are never perfect. I believe the range for the fuel map is 0-200, so if you're getting up to around 100, you're plenty fine and you injectors are likely configured correctly in terms of flow and dead time.

That being said, just because you are at 100% doesn't mean you injectors are maxed out, but they could be. The ECU determines actual injector pulse in the background, the fuel map is only VE. So you could change you injector size both physically and in the software, and as long as your new setup is correct, the actual fuel map won't change. Now again, this is never perfect, but it should be close.

The easiest way to see how much of the injector you are using is to log injector duty cycle.

Return to “Tuning Discussions”