Help with tuning a basemap for the first time

KYLE86

Help with tuning a basemap for the first time

Postby KYLE86 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:59 am

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on how to tweak the basemap I have running my car. The car is an AE86. (blacktop 4AG 20v, toda pistons 11.7:1, poncams, ported/polished chambers, 1ZZ COPS, sprint 500, innovate wideband) I have verified timing is correct, verified that my sensors are reading the correct values, scaled my wideband feature in the ecu to match the external wideband gauge and checked fuel pressure is good. I was sent a generic basemap for a stock blacktop 20v just to get the engine running. Currently the engine idles well but stumbles on initial tip in (wideband reading lean when this happens, 17:1). The stumbling almost sounds like launch control or a misfire from 900 rpm to 1800 rpm when it clears up and the engine will rev smoothly. I have tried adding more fuel to the base fuel tables but it does not make a positive difference just a rich run at idle but still stumbling on tip in. I have read about acceleration enrichment but am unsure how to fine tune this function. Any advice on how to tweak the basemap from this point would be extremely helpful.

Peterson

Re: Help with tuning a basemap for the first time

Postby Peterson » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Although i don't have a picture of your transient throttle enrich values perform this test.Go at transient throttle-settings-number of async pulses.Most likely you will see the number 4 because that's the default value at sprint 500.Set this number at 0 and tell us how it went.

squeue

Re: Help with tuning a basemap for the first time

Postby squeue » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 am

Go at transient

Return to “Tuning Discussions”