Newly injected engine (Not haltech) stalls when cold after revving

brookporter

Newly injected engine (Not haltech) stalls when cold after revving

Postby brookporter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi,
I have an Aircooled VW with injection by CB Performance in the US, it uses two IDF style throttle bodies with injector for each cylinder-starts and runs. I've played with the IAC setting for betting starting as I was having to open the throttle bodies a little to get it to start. Figured that it needed more air air flow hence I have adjusted the IAC to increase air flow but if I rev it it stalls out when I back off the throttle. The engine temp is still quite low and I'm also not talking crazy/sustained revs. What could be going on to cause this?
This is what the system looks like:
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7075.htm
Attachments
7075-3T.jpg
7075-3T.jpg (19.11 KiB) Viewed 1040 times

blakebonkofsky

Re: Newly injected engine (Not haltech) stalls when cold after revving

Postby blakebonkofsky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:18 pm

That doesn't look like a Haltech unit...

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Newly injected engine (Not haltech) stalls when cold after revving

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:38 am

Sounds like a call to CB is in order... :roll:

You know what, I am going to be nice when I could be the other way.

As with all idle control systems on all brands of ECU, you need to set up the throttle stops so that when you block the air feed to the idle motor the engine will still idle slightly below your target idle when the engine is completely warmed up. This is to ensure that under normal conditions it is not possible to stall the engine due to the supply of air.

From there the system is either not giving enough additional air when cold, or the fuel needs further tuning. Usually it will stall from being too lean. It would have to be stupid-rich to be stalling because of extra fuel.

Return to “Tuning Discussions”