V8 Two Stroke Ignition

Hillclimber1

V8 Two Stroke Ignition

Postby Hillclimber1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi - New member so 1st post.
I am fitting an Evinrude V8 TWO STROKE power head into a race car I am building, also using a CVT transmission. I will be looking to tune the CVT to run the engine about 5500 to 6500RPM constantly. Ignition requirement is simply 4 degree BTDC at startup to 16 degree straight line to 3500RPM and then constant 16 degree to max RPM ( As per standard engine specification)

So Haltech suggesting I use their Power Select 8 + IMS trigger output + 8 CDI ignition coils. Will use trigger wheel + sensor.

There is VERY LITTLE I can find on Haltech Tech. or Download pages regarding two stroke setups and cant find manual for Select 8 unit?

ANYBODY done a two stroke V8 ignition, or any comments before I commit a "Wad of Notes" to buy the items?
Attachments
.jpg

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: V8 Two Stroke Ignition

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 pm

I do absolutely love the idea and it will be a very interesting vehicle, that's for sure!

If this is a distributor all I can say is 8 sparks per crank rotation is one hell of a demand on a single coil, and it would need CDI for certain to run. I would be trying to use coil per plug with an 8-channel CDI, so if this is what was suggested you have been given the correct information.

squeue

Re: V8 Two Stroke Ignition

Postby squeue » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:00 am

thank you !

Return to “Tuning Discussions”