Need some advice.new to tuning.

buttle1

Re: Need some advice.new to tuning.

Postby buttle1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:40 am

sounds good fordman i echo claudio hows the power does it feel stronger? you need to get it on a dyno to find peak numbers and let us know

Fordman

Postby Fordman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:58 am

Guys I am being very cautious with he tuning so far as I want to get the best power with safety.My first concern was fuel economy as the car is daily driven .In saying that I have been tuning the car as it drives .I did 350 killometres in one day last week. The freeway driving and rest stops along the way gave me golden opportunity to tune. On my way back on the freeway my distance to empty display read 999 killometres !!! :D It was funny.
Power wise I have not focused yet but I can say that before at wide open throttle to the speed limit showed a black cloud of smoke every time and my wideband read 11.5 to 1 ratio!! This is from an edit tuned car!! I ended up pulling over and taking fuel out .The result was a 12.3 to 12.8 ratio but bad pinging so I let the throttle off and pulled over again.I removed 8 degrees of ignition timing and viola.Full throttle response feel and torque was ridiculously better and with no pinging!! :) The speedometer 0-100 kmph seemed to get there alot faster. The car now feels faster than the 11.5 tune and no black smoke screen. I have not played with adding advance yet as my main focus was to get fuel economy and then work out power. In saying that wot at 12.5 odd ratio is obviously more efficient and more powerful.

As you can see I haven't really spent time on power tuning yet and even though I want to avoid dynos and workshops it seems I will have to go in eventually for the 110 kmph plus speed tuning. I am a guy with enough common sense to not do dangerous speeds to achieve the power tuning goals. I think the car will absolutely hammer when I finish my tuning adventure:)

Fordman

Postby Fordman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:59 pm

Guys.I will be gteching my car soon to let you all know what improvements have been made.I will load in my tuners edit tune and then my modification of that tune to show the differences.Hope it goes quicker..lol :)

Fordman

Postby Fordman » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:01 am

Guys I am back.. the car ran a pb of 14.301 last Wednesday from 14.527 .I tuned the car myself ..I am stoked. The 14.5 was in 9 degrees and the new pb was in 25 degree heat and 40 degree track temp!! Bring on winter..mush mush!!

pete_6

Postby pete_6 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Fordman wrote:Guys I am back.. the car ran a pb of 14.301 last Wednesday from 14.527 .I tuned the car myself ..I am stoked. The 14.5 was in 9 degrees and the new pb was in 25 degree heat and 40 degree track temp!! Bring on winter..mush mush!!

Nice man! I also have an E series. do you know about boostedfalcon.net ....if not come check it out, alot of info on there for e series falcons.

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Wed May 14, 2008 4:30 am

Would a similar situation be posible but because of wrong throttle pump settings? I'm guessing yep... anyone? :?:
Making people fly!

Return to “Tuning Discussions”