dumbest E6X question ever

turbotiburon

dumbest E6X question ever

Postby turbotiburon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi folks,been reading for a long time and can't find the stupid section?, Firstly this is my first post here and I am NO mechanic and have NO engine management tuning skills at all! But, I do have a turbocharged 2 litre managed by an E6x, one map for track and one for daily at 15.5psi., Now my question,My wify wants to drive it but finds it too powerfull., can I turn the boost way down/back up without retuning?, I Know No one who can tune it for me within hundreds of miles lol. Thanks I'll post the car in the Haltec cars section (It was built in NFLD Canada).

Spektor

Re: dumbest E6X question ever

Postby Spektor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Disclaimer: I take no blame if you try anything I say and you break something!

I assume you're running an electronic boost controller (EBC) so;

The simplest method I can think of would be to put a small hose on the exposed barb of the EBC. Then seal the other end of the hose. By blocking that barb, the EBC can't bleed off pressure to the atmosphere thus the wastegate will be under full pressure and restrict the amount of boost the turbo can generate. I'm not exactly sure how the E6X will like that though. You could also just unplug the cabling from the E6X to EBC, that may also work but I've never tried that. These two mechanical methods are fairly easily to do and reversing them is easy too.

You could also use the boost trim module in the E6X but I'm not sure what % range you can get with that as the documentation is a bit vague. The trim idea is the most elegant and nicest solution but as you said you have no engine management skills and limited mechanical skills it's the hardest to implement.

Good luck.

PS - Perhaps this might be time to teach the wifey to like fast cars :D :D

Mitsiman

Postby Mitsiman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:39 pm

First thing we need to know is the boost control being controlled by the haltech, by a seperate eletronic boost control module or by a manuel bleed valve setup.

The haltech wont care on the tuning whatever boost you are running if it has been tuned correctly.

My recomendation is if it is running hte haltech for eletronic boost control, and why wouldn't it be, then best option is to get the haltech trim module, and then hook it into the spare a/d input. Hop into the software and set the spare input to boost trim control. That way you can dial the boost down when your wifes driving the vehicle and wind it up again when you are driving it.
WA Haltech Dealer with Dynapack Hub Dyno in WA!!! VP Racing Fuels and Sucrogen E85 Agent for WA.

turbotiburon

Postby turbotiburon » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 am

Hi Folks,Thanks alot for the help,I have a Manual(hex key) boost controller,and I believe the car is tuned excellently now as is, so I should be ok? I posted a pic/specs in the car section. Thanks again!

Return to “Tuning Discussions”