Supercharger Speed Input

redcycle13

Supercharger Speed Input

Postby redcycle13 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:06 pm

It would be nice to have a supercharger speed input to log belt slip and calculate blower rpm. I'm currently doing this now using the Tubo Speed Input with a hall effect sensor, but its not 100% accurate because I can't enter a fraction into the blade count. If I could enter a fraction into blade count then I could multiply my sensor trigger points by the step up ratio on my Procharger to give me accurate blower rpm. This again would be useful to insure I'm getting max output from my blower, and also to keep an eye on belt condition if I detect slip. Because I can only enter whole numbers in the blade count I have to multiply my step up ratio (5.4) by the trigger count (2) then round that number (10.8) to the nearest whole number (11). Doing it this way gives me about a 2% error in measured blower speed. Hopefully this is an easy programming fix, and can be added soon in an update.

LMS_689

Re: Supercharger Speed Input

Postby LMS_689 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Use a math function in the log viewer software to work out the drive ratio and give you an accurate speed.
Haltech Parts and Accessories
Custom Harness Construction
http://www.lms-efi.com
[email protected]
502-515-7482

redcycle13

Postby redcycle13 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:34 am

Great idea, I didn't even know that was possible. I'm still learning my way around the Elite.

redcycle13

Postby redcycle13 » Tue May 17, 2016 1:52 am

I sent a PM about the math channel to you LMS. I still think a supercharger speed input could be useful, or ability to enter a fraction for blade count so that you could just look at the turbo speed output channel and have an accurate reading without having to go into the data logger later.

redcycle13

Postby redcycle13 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 am

Bump.

This feature would sure help centrifugal supercharger guys. I am able to implement it through a generic channel, but there are limitation to doing it this way.

Return to “Feature Requests”