Staged injection for water injection

Mattias

Staged injection for water injection

Postby Mattias » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 am

Hi,

If it would be made possible to use injection stages independently so the additional stages can have unique injection time maps it could be used for advanced WMI timed port injection. This would be a good selling point since it would be the best system for WMI on the market.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Staged injection for water injection

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm

I see the point, but with virtually nobody using this in the performance race industry it wont happen sorry.

Mattias

Postby Mattias » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:51 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:I see the point, but with virtually nobody using this in the performance race industry it wont happen sorry.

That's because it doesn't exist :wink:

The reason is probably that the cost of that kind of independent WMI system becomes to expensive (basically an engine ecu in itself) .

All wmi systems on the market has different problems:

1. Pump speed systems are slow in transients and has bad atomization at low pump speed/pressure etc.
2. Proportional valve systems are better in transients but has bad atomization at low flow
3. PWM valve systems are best in terms of atomization but when used for port injection the valves are to slow at 30Hz so in theory an entire engine cycle might be missed.

Timed injection would solve the 30Hz valve problem and give perfect control of water delivery and consumption.

Also in a near future real PFI like water injectors will be available to make it even better: http://www.bosch-mobility-solutions.com ... injection/

Isn't there also people running petrol that inject alternative fuels at high loads eg. E85 etc that could benefit from this function?

Best regards,
Mattias

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:00 pm

No, only the weirdos and cheapskates mix their fuels :mrgreen:

E85 seems common enough and so to is flex fuel control. But if you are needing to have multiple fuel tanks, pumps, and injectors to save a few dollars of race fuel or make a tiny bit more power .... what else can I say!

For us to even consider it support for abnormal requests there needs to be evidence supplied to us that it affects many people. eg. if you came to me saying I have just purchased, let's say, 35 ECUs can you add this support, yeah we probably would consider it.

Mattias

Postby Mattias » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:58 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:No, only the weirdos and cheapskates mix their fuels :mrgreen:

E85 seems common enough and so to is flex fuel control. But if you are needing to have multiple fuel tanks, pumps, and injectors to save a few dollars of race fuel or make a tiny bit more power .... what else can I say!

For us to even consider it support for abnormal requests there needs to be evidence supplied to us that it affects many people. eg. if you came to me saying I have just purchased, let's say, 35 ECUs can you add this support, yeah we probably would consider it.

At least I tried but the webshop didn't let me:
Capture.JPG

:cry: :mrgreen:

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 pm

:?

Return to “Feature Requests”