help deciding on which unit

AMGRasoul

help deciding on which unit

Postby AMGRasoul » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:38 am

Hey everyone, I'm real excited about getting a Haltech. I just don't know where to start with what I need.

I have a Mercedes M112 (factory supercharged) 3.2L engine (More specifically an 03 SLK32 AMG). Several mods such as pulleys, cams, headers, methanol injection, head work, and quite possibly nitrous in the future... and it's to the point where I want a little more control and be able to tune it all. I know the factory ECU doesn't know what to do with a lot of the changes I've made. I haven't changed the injectors yet, but someone has also recommended that as well. I have 6 coil packs, one to each cylinder, and I have 2 spark plugs per cylinder/coil pack.

Anyone mess with a similar setup? I noticed several Haltech models to choose from, but do not know which to go with. Any suggestions? Thanks!

AMGRasoul

Re: help deciding on which unit

Postby AMGRasoul » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:11 am

bump.

anyone?

Scott1600

Postby Scott1600 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:11 am

The question you have asked has probably not been answered for a number of reasons.
You are asking which ecu to put on the car, which appears to be an advanced job in the first place. Looking at the haltech website to find which unit you need appears to be the easiest job.

I would suggest taking this car to your local Haltech professional - it will save plenty of time and frustration.

stevieturbo

d

Postby stevieturbo » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:13 am

I would assume that as he needs 6 coil drivers, the E11 would be the only Haltech option ??

And as its a 6 cyl...

But seeking local professional advice would be a wise idea, especially on such a relatively modern car.

Return to “General Discussion (from EZBoard)”