ps 1000 random crash after firmware upgrade

Questions about the Platinum Sport series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
HoSDo_earth

ps 1000 random crash after firmware upgrade

Postby HoSDo_earth » Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I'm experiencing this annoying bug, just upgraded my ps1000 to the latest firmware and it started to go offline randomly. Yesterday it happened twice while I was driving on the highway. Anyone else affected?
When you shift the gear and the needle on the tacho goes on red and scores 9000 rpm, that's bad...

JimKden

Re: ps 1000 random restart after firmware upgrade

Postby JimKden » Mon May 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Yes, it happened to me also and on the highway also in relatively heavy traffice. Needed to key off and on to get a restart.

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Tue May 13, 2014 1:38 am

Same here. Actually the first event I though it was an electrical fault did no turned the key and the ecu rebooted itself in about seconds. Yesterday I discovered that the key turning and so immediately reboot solved this issue. In my case it shows up ewhen I kick all the throttle up after some seconds and very randomly.
When you shift the gear and the needle on the tacho goes on red and scores 9000 rpm, that's bad...

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Wed May 14, 2014 8:39 am

any support would be much appreciated...

HaltechMitch
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMitch » Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 am

When the ECU goes 'offline', do the LEDs on the ECU go off also?

Perhaps you should open a case with our support team directly - http://www.haltech.com/contact/contact- ... rnational/

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Wed May 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Actually the way I placed the ecu in my Car it makes me Impossible to check them directly. Next time I will stop the car and go for them.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Wed May 14, 2014 11:32 pm

HaltechMitch wrote:When the ECU goes 'offline', do the LEDs on the ECU go off also?

Perhaps you should open a case with our support team directly - http://www.haltech.com/contact/contact- ... rnational/

Of no help on the LED issue. I was too busy avoiding being run over to look at for any lights.

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Thu May 15, 2014 12:12 am

I will try to cause this failure again and check the leds

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:23 pm

I hate to be captain obvious, but please don't drive your car in traffic if it is randomly shutting off. You should be on a dyno to diagnose problems. If you are sure it is related to firmware then please re-install the previous firmware version.

Can you both attach the maps, or better yet contact us directly for faster support. Also needed will be a list of all hardware attached to the ECU. We have not seen anything that could cause random shutdown related to the firmware, and Mitch's suggestion to monitor the LEDs is to detect if the power is being cut or if something else is happening.

HoSDo_earth : you initially mentioned going offline? Or are you having the ECU shut off (engine turns off)?

More details please.

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi matthew! Well first of all I can tell that after contacting the technical support they suggested this failure could be related to the polyfuse. The suggestion is that some 5v device is draining too much current. In any case I thought about re-running the firmware upgrade and I will do it in a couple of days. By the way if the failure do not vanish the real trouble is shipping the ecu to wheterill park because shipping fees from Italy are ludicrous high.

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 am

Ok, being the polyfuse or not I have managed to run a pair of datalogs and what makes me crazy about this issue (it's 9 months already) is that it only come in at 4110 rpms (range 4114 - 4119). Sometimes even at slow speed in short gears so it is not load related. I've also checked that all the leds are showing no fault and power led is steady. Ecu Manager shows "lost ecu connection" that's what scares me most.

Anyways I had do quit the idea of shipping the ECU to Haltech, costs me more then repair and for the same amount I could replace the whole ECU.. if anyone has a working and used PS1000 let me know

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:13 am

I jumped in above with the same trouble. I was using a variable reluctor style crank position sensor. I lowered the threshold voltage in the higher rpm cells of the table. What I now understand after 2 frustrating months trying to get an Elite to sense the crank pulse while using the same sensor wheel (I.e, no hardware change), is that the lower the voltage value in that table, the greater the signal gain applied by the ECU. Different "something" is in the Elite because the P1000 setting didn't work at all. I have these set very low in the Elite and it's hanging in there. I also had to do similar lowering of the voltage on a BMW with the BMW sensor/wheel or it would just shutdown at about 2800rpm.

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:17 am

Can we pm on this? I just didn't understand if you solved and how!

HoSDo_earth

Postby HoSDo_earth » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:30 am

Ok I've got my dso back today do I did some scoping. I can confirm this fault is rpm related cause I managed to reproduce it at each gear from 3rd to 6th on various loads but always starting at 4100 rpm. When the ecu goes crash both +12 v and +5 v from the ecu (measured from the aux trim module connector) are still up and steady. So is a the power led and no error code shown.

honestly I don't believe this is a power fault, to me it looks like it is a logic fault maybe the processor goes crash for some reason.

HoSDo_earth

Re: ps 1000 random crash after firmware upgrade

Postby HoSDo_earth » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Took some time yesterday and checked also the rpm sensor at 4000 rpm... nothing strange here...

Return to “Platinum Sport Series”