I am lost... can anyone log into my ecu and help me

Questions about the Platinum Sport series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
vintageracer20

I am lost... can anyone log into my ecu and help me

Postby vintageracer20 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 am

I had a shop install my ecu and they are far away from me. I am running a Toyota sport racer with a 4age in it... I got a base tune and a base map, took it to the track and was fast as hell... It does have a Loyning engine in it now...After 7 laps, it laid down like it was starving for fuel. I cleaned the fuel filter and it cleared out... 7 laps into the race, running 3rd, it started puking again. Loaded it up and brought it home. Thinking it was fuel, I replaced the regulator, injectors, and fuel filter... I am keeping 63 psi of fuel, but at 2000 rpm it runs and pukes runs and pukes... I reinstalled the base map, but that didn't seem to help.. On my page it shows MAP going all over the place from 8-14. When we installed this thing, Haltech took over my laptop and helped me adjust things... Somebody told me that someone else can log into my ecu and help me find the problem... Is that possible and is anyone out there willing to help.. I have another race in a couple of weeks and need to figure this out..
MANY THANKS
Dennis

vintageracer20

Re: I am lost... can anyone log into my ecu and help me

Postby vintageracer20 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 am

WOW... I just read about charging the battery issues... The morning that this thing took a crap, I got to the track to find that the battery was dead and I had to be on the grid in 20 minutes....I hooked the charger and a car running to it to get it started.... It went to shit 15 miles later.... How would you be able to tell if I killed the ECU by doing this

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:02 am

I am more concerned that you went to the race track on a base map you got from somewhere. Take it to a tuner before you need to take it to an engine builder.

vintageracer20

Postby vintageracer20 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 pm

It was tuned by the Haltech installer, but he is a straight line and Mazda head.. never had installed a logger dash (still an issue getting it to log). He was a great guy and did a beautiful wiring job, just not a road race kind of place..

vintageracer20

Postby vintageracer20 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 pm

After replacing all parts of the fuel system, I still have the same problem... So I hooked it up to the software and what I see fluctuation the most is MAP going from 11.4 down to 9 when it stalls. Plug burn looks good, no manifold leaks...???

Peterson

Postby Peterson » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Take it to a mechanic and search for mechanical issues and if none found then take it to a tuner.It's really hard to diagnose through internet.The purpose of a base map is to get the car going straight to the tuner and definitely not use it under demanding and hard conditions that we are met at a track.You can damage or even blow an engine even at light road use if the settings are totally incorrect as far ignition timing and fuel.

vintageracer20

Postby vintageracer20 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 am

I put this on here hoping to get some help... I am just an old guy trying to get by in this computer era... I got a lot of lookers and some "SMART" answers... the car is tuned properly. If not, I would not have turned track record laps for my car at Road Atlanta... Not a problem there...
The problem was finishing... so I have tracked this down to what I believe is a coolant temp sensor. I believe that it is adding fuel and flooding it even though my plug burn wasn't showing it so much.. I unplugged it and the laptop showed 220 and it was still sick, so I had a haltech oil temp sending unit and put it in place and it cleared out but it won't show any temps on my dash or laptop.... now, can anyone help me understand this?

toughxc

Postby toughxc » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Did you get to the bottom of it.

Best bet to confirm if coolant temp is playing up and adding fuel is to trend the temp via the data logging within the ecu manager, you will see if it's throwing out weird numbers or just nice steady trends. You could alternatively turn off temperature fuel correction?

Do you have manifold reference on your fuel regulator?

If it runs great then goes to shit best to trend a few basics, tps, map, cts, ats, o2, rpm and voltage. From here you can see what's happening when it goes to poo.

If you don't know how to collect data, use the help section in the ecu manager, it's not too hard.

Good luck

Return to “Platinum Sport Series”