350Z Red box help

Questions about the Platinum Pro Harness 350Z and R35? Ask here.
kpbruka

350Z Red box help

Postby kpbruka » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Well I know finding help with this is most likely a very long shot as the ECU is so old, But hopefully there are some tips out there.
I bought a red box that was being used on a 2006 350z and I am installing it into my 2004.
Currently all the temp sensors/o2 sensors dont seem to read. And once the Haltech is connected it throws a code for the throttle position voltage.
Does anyone by chance have an old basemap and firmware for the red box?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: 350Z Red box help

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Bare in mind that this is a piggyback ECU, so the factory ECU is still in place and we read and tap off what it is seeing.

If all sensors are not reading, but the engine is running fine, then you most likely have blown up the 5V reg in the Haltech. It can still be repaired so fill out the form int he Contact/repair section and send back to us for inspection.

kpbruka

Postby kpbruka » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:18 pm

I was thinking that could be the case.
Looked into it further today, at the moment it is the factory o2 and temp sensors that do not read correctly. It always states that the temperatures are -40 degrees, which according to the calibration table that was on the ECU is full 5V.
The MAF and pedal position do read fine however they might be on a different 5V circuit I suppose. I setup the
I am still unsure if the firmware that is on the ECU is correct as it did not come with the original documentation. What is the latest firmware the ECU is compatible with?
I did setup to monitor all the in/out voltages to see if there was anything that stood out:
haltech voltages.jpg

I'm not sure if that is of any help.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 am

There is one 5V supply so it looks to be fine.

Many of the Z33 front O2 sensors are pseudo-wideband (not narrow and not wide) and are not usable by the ECU. Only older models had narrowband sensors. The Pro350Z is quite old and I cannot remember which sensors they look at, but I do remember the ProZ33 full ECU only reads the rear O2 sensors because of this.

kpbruka

Postby kpbruka » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Mine is a 2004.5 which supposedly has the wideband sensors, but I'll be using the 0-5V from my AEM wideband anyways.
I did try to see if there was any correlation between my coolant temp sensor and the ECU. The picture I attached earlier shows AVI1 at 4.81V, that was with the sensor disconnected. When I reconnect the sensor it returns to 5.0V
I'm going to try checking the sensor wire voltages tomorrow and see what I can find. At the moment it will run, however poorly as it things it is -40 degrees. Also it puts the car into limp mode (VDC and SLIP lights on) and has no throttle input. This I am assuming is related to incorrect voltages being seen regarding the temp sensors and likely throttle sensors.
Currently it is on firmware 1.06 which looking through old posts seems to have been recommended for the old ecu.
Is there a database somewhere that has all the previous ECU manager versions and firmwares?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

You should be on 1.10 firmware. 1.06 is about as old as your car!
Always use the latest software. It talks to all previous firmware versions.

Return to “Platinum Pro Harness”