cold and hot start issues

Questions about the Platinum Pro Harness 350Z and R35? Ask here.
deanfootlong

cold and hot start issues

Postby deanfootlong » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:17 am

hello all. ever since i installed haltech, i have had problems with not just cold start, but hot start as well. so heres my cold start problem.... when i turn it on, it cranks and cranks then i get a tick/click and it halts, then starts cranking again and tick/click halt, then crank crank start. usually it only does the click/halt no more than twice before it gets cranking and catches. its like, crank crank crank crank TICK..... crank crank crank tick.... crank crank vroom. i know that looks silly but thats really whats happening with it. this is all with one turn of the key and held in crank position till it turns over and catches. what can i adjust on my map that might be causing this problem?
now, my hot start problem.... after i drive for a while and shut the car down for a moment and try to restart the car, it struggles to catch. doesnt do the "tick/halt" problem much if ever. just has a hard time catching.

which tables should i be messing with to correct this problem?

i appreciate your help!

Charles

CorrPerformance

Re: cold and hot start issues

Postby CorrPerformance » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 am

Add more info on the engine being calibrated, fuel pressure at start up, and what version of software are you using?
Corr Performance Tuning
EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained / Cobb / Unichip
Image Image Image

deanfootlong

Postby deanfootlong » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 am

vq35 stock motor. walbro 255, 600cc injectors, fuel return system i believe its at 42psi base. over on my350z they were syaing to mess around with the crank inj timing, prime pulse, and post start enrichment. this sound right to you to get my car starting up like stock again?

BRIAN MP5T

Postby BRIAN MP5T » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:28 pm

If you have a wideband, you will be able to see if you need to add or remove fuel from the Pulse Prime and Post start maps.

Ignition on and let the sensor get up to temperature.

When cranking, look at what is happening to the Wideband.

When you stop cranking, if the wideband is bone lean, then you need to adjust for more fuel

This is a totally time consuming thing. I have spent one month of morning starts to finally get a totally reliable map, and then since then I still fine tune it from time to time.

It will only get better with the extra effort..

Return to “Platinum Pro Harness”