CAN port low voltage output?

Questions about the Platinum Pro Harness 350Z and R35? Ask here.
AmnCruzie

CAN port low voltage output?

Postby AmnCruzie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello guys, new to this forum so I'll start off by saying Hi!
Now on to why I'm here. I just recently purchased a Racepak iQ3 for my car, and when I installed it, it would not turn on. I checked the voltage output at the plug to see if the Dash was getting enough power, and the 12v and ground wires read 6v and 3v respectively. I was curious what could be causing this? Is it the CAN port or is it the wire itself? It's a 350z Platinum ECU with the latest firmware if that helps. Any input would be greatly appreciated, as my car has been sitting for a few weeks now and I really miss driving her. Thanx in advance!

-Pablo

AmnCruzie

Re: CAN port low voltage output?

Postby AmnCruzie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Update: I ran the 12v and ground wires directly to the car's electrical system (bypassing the ECU altogether) and it fired up, so I know it's not the dash. It obviously didn't read anything as I had unplugged the CAN hi/low wires. So it's the CAN port. Why is it not sending the proper current? Also, do I really need to buy a new V-Net cable just for the plastic 8-pin male connector that connects on the ECU side or do you guys sell those individually? Because I am going to try re-wiring that end of the cable to see if that fixes it (maybe I did one of the jumper wires wrong?). I cut the connector off, but now I cannot find the plastic connector end for the life of me. Plus I might need another one in the future as I might be stripping out my interior and relocating/rewiring a lot of the electronics. Thanks again. The IQ3 looked so pretty when it fired up, now i'm anxious to get it working lol :mrgreen:

sidecar55

Postby sidecar55 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Just got mine all working. Looks great! :)
Happiness is a 3 wheel drift!

AmnCruzie

Postby AmnCruzie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:12 pm

IT'S ALIVE!!! Thanx to Hal from Dynosty for his help w/ this matter. Looks so puuurdy, and I can drive my car again. Now I just can't wait to finish the custom mount project that I started while I was waiting on getting it going. Pics to come if this forum allows that, not entirely familiar w/ all the rules for this forum. :mrgreen:

Return to “Platinum Pro Harness”