ECU Manager Stops Working when connected to ECU

Questions about ECU Manager? Ask here.
KYLE86

ECU Manager Stops Working when connected to ECU

Postby KYLE86 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 am

Hello all, looking for some guidance on getting my car running. Recently I have setup my AE86 with a 20v swap to run off the Haltech Sprint 500. I've loaded my base map onto the ecu and have been trying to sync my ignition timing using the stock toyota 24 tooth cam angle sensor. While cranking for an extended period of time and trying to get the timing synced, my battery has drained. Trickle charged the battery overnight, it's fully charged now. Today when I hooked up my lap top and tried to connect to the ecu an error message pops up on my computer and says the ecu manager stopped working and it closes the program. I have tried uninstalling the ecu manager and downloading again but still no change. Could there be a problem with my ECU? What else should I look into to get my laptop and ecu to communicate? Thanks.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: ECU Manager Stops Working when connected to ECU

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm

I remember seeing this when you dont have up to date Direct X. It sometimes only happens when there is a particular item on the page layout you are viewing which is not happy. You can try opening a map offline and remove all of the page layouts. Try to then go online and see if it stays connected. If so, load back in a page layout and see which one is causing the issue.

If not, call support when you are sitting with your laptop in your car and have internet on the laptop.

KYLE86

Postby KYLE86 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks for the help! I ended up using a different laptop that is up to date and it had no problems communicating with the ECU!

keet45

Postby keet45 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Good to hear it is an easy fix.

Return to “ECU Manager”