O2 closed loop post start delay

Questions about ECU Manager? Ask here.
beehive

O2 closed loop post start delay

Postby beehive » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 am

I have O2 control set up to be active at idle, but I have noticed that the delay after start up is very short. Initially the delay was 1 second, the same as the time delay setting; even though the post start setting was 240 seconds. I changed the post start to 30 seconds with no change. I now have the time delay set to 4 seconds which it does & the engine likes that better than 1 second, but I can't seem to get the post start setting to make any difference. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I missing something? PS1 with a narrow band, 1.13 version of firmware & software.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: O2 closed loop post start delay

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 am

The narrow band closed loop system will resume operation after start up if it sees the sensor at 0.6V or higher. Normally a cold sensor will be very low in voltage and as it warms will reach a usable voltage range. Typically around this 0.6V threshold. This is a hard coded value, as is the 3 to 4 (cant remember the exact time value) second hold off time on start up.

It was designed this way to resume closed loop on start up as soon as possible if the sensor is at operating temperature. Mostly for emissions certification purposes. The delay time is there to allow sensor warmup, but if the sensor is already warm it will ignore it.

beehive

Re: O2 closed loop post start delay

Postby beehive » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm

OK, that explains it.

Thanks Mathew

Return to “ECU Manager”